Job Title: Business Development Manager
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is the front line contact for our customers and is responsible for maximising sales revenues within both existing accounts and driving new business opportunities within their assigned market territories; managing the customer relationship processes, utilising professional account management methodologies, adopting and maintaining a demand funnel via CRM and developing new business revenue in conjunction with the Business Development function through a variety of sales initiatives.
The role is to adequately service and cover UK & European customer account management and also to support the growth in the business development plan.
- Specifically responsible for developing new business from new accounts
- Adopt a Programme Orientated Mindset - actively tracking and maximising sales across major defence and space programmes
- Conducts joint visits with engineering, sales and other relevant departments and provides feedback to the business
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Submits reports detailing sales statistics such as order levels, margin levels, call rates, leads, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the organisation's and competitors' products and/or services
- Manage the assigned territories and customers to deliver ongoing and successful growth of the business.
- Provide market intelligence; business development; sales opportunities; propose and implement marketing strategies.
- Maintain customer and agent relationships; to visit and host as necessary in order to conduct and finalise commercial negotiations and requirements.
- Work closely with regional Agents setting appropriate targets to maximise sales and business development opportunities. Ensure that all agent agreements are maintained; renewed or terminated as required.
- Informs customers of new product/technologies and services
- Forecast future order prospects monthly (monthly, quarterly, yearly rolling format) versus Budget; assist in preparation of annual budgets.
- Ensure preparation and submissions of responses to all customer enquiries are completed in an appropriate timescale.
- Where applicable, monitoring of classified and ITAR sensitive information that enters and leaves the S&M function is correctly marked, processed and handled per the prevailing company procedures.
- Identify & recommend appropriate trade exhibitions, corporate events and seminars within the assigned territory.
- Maintain sales lead analysis on all territory activities.
- As the company representative the Business Development Manager must be prepared to give full presentations to customers at the highest level detailing the Company, its products and services.
- Role is likely to consist of a blend of both domestic (UK) and international duties.
The Successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Must have experience in global defence and security sector sales, it is also essential candidates have experience in one or more complimentary commercial markets including space, test and measurement and industrial is desired.
- Good engineering background & good understanding of Microwave techniques/knowledge and experience of electronics engineering preferred
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills.
- Confident, Self-motivated and ability to work on their own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Clean driving license.
- Be prepared to travel worldwide.
- Qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in Electronics would be desired
- Candidates must be security clearable.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with experience of: Space & Defence Sales, Lead Generation Specialist, Sales Person, Business Development Executive, Telesales, B2B, Sales Development, Experienced Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Internal Sales Person, New Business Executive, Field sales Key Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive, Account Development and Technical Sales may also be considered for this role.