SIG are currently looking for a passionate and energetic sales person to undertake the role of Business Development Manager for our HVAC and TI product division. This is a proactive role which will see you developing, implementing and supporting the HVAC and TI growth strategy that leads to new and additional sales, actively supporting the sales teams, customer, sector and product plans.What does the role involve?
The role of Business Development Manager, will be to will take the lead role in ensuring that operations, procurement, and inventory provide the right levels of support to ensure HVAC and TI sales and growth plans can be achieved, whilst also developing an understanding of the market to inform the HVAC and TI strategy. This linchpin role will manage a portfolio of HVAC and TI specific accounts within the designated region (25 – 30 accounts) and support development of HVAC and TI expertise at all sales centres within region. Working closely to support external Territory Sales Managers with HVAC and TI opportunities within portfolio, the successful candidate will make themselves the “go to” HVAC and TI contact within the region for any customer or colleague queries.
This role is also required to support the Category team in delivering the Regional HVAC and TI strategy, implementing through the NAM/TSM teams by driving & supporting key customer activity within the nominated region. The breath of this role continues even further, actively working with regional hubs, supporting branches and the wider SIG network to ensure that the right products, service and technical expertise to support SIG HVAC and TI presence and reputation in the market.To be considered for this role, candidate need to have…
More about us...
- A proven track record in delivering successful sales results within a HVAC/TI environment
- Numerate, strong analysis and strategic planning ability
- Strong business, commercial and financial acumen - supported by a pragmatic approach and not afraid to get in to the detail when required
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to articulate and present plans , and translate this in to effective strategic and operational plans, gaining clear agreement from stakeholders by influencing, convincing, persuading and negotiating
- Educated to minimum of degree level is desirable, but not essential
- Strong MS skills, Excel, PowerPoint
- Preferred experience - B2B distribution with matrix management
SIG is a leading supplier of specialist construction materials, distributing throughout the UK and Europe. From groundworks to the roof and everything in between, we deliver the full range of specialist materials to the construction industry. A group turnover of circa £2.8 billion and with numerous branches here in the UK alone, we’re also a fantastic place to build your career. Our customers are at the very heart of what we do and how we do things. To achieve this we employ exceptional people who are able to demonstrate our core values of trust, integrity, teamwork, people who are committed to doing a really good job. We also like to have fun!