3 months ago
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is seeking a skilled and motivated Business Development Manager to build and scale our shipper-facing freight transportation product. An ideal candidate has a proven track record in recruiting, converting, nurturing and growing accounts of all sizes, and in building, mentoring and leading medium to large customer-facing teams with high levels of service quality. The successful candidate is a data-driven self-starter with a Do-It-All attitude, sound business judgment, and a demonstrated business development record.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Helping to build and grow a high performance shipper-facing team comprising talents in business development, account management and marketing
· Converting shippers of all sizes across EU from a potential lead to an on boarded account and building steady freight demand
· Conducting contract and rate negotiations with shippers to achieve optimal results, in line with operating procedures
· Translating customer feedback into data-driven requirements to contribute to continuous improvement with internal operations and technology teams
· Executing communication strategies with both external (shippers) and internal (e.g. Finance, Software Development) customers
· Managing and continuously strengthening customer relationships and contributing to developing scalable strategies to serve smaller accounts while maintaining high level of service quality
· Extensive experience in Sales or Account Management
· Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills to both internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated sales record with large strategic accounts
· Experience building, managing and growing a sales and account management team
· A data-driven self-starter with a Do-It-All attitude and sound business judgment
· Demonstrated experience using data to drive defect reduction and process improvement
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Extensive knowledge in European logistics and transportation industry
· Ability to communicate fluently in French, German, Italian, and/or Spanish
· Experience with Salesforce and Pardot
· Knowledge in and experience using SQL
· Master’s Degree in Logistics, Transportation or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be provided along with your conditional offer.