28 days ago
Business Development Manager (Field Based)
Salary: up to £40,000 dependent on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 31 January 2019
Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord’s Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer’s Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We’re proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
If you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
To maintain, manage and develop the region allocated to achieve the agreed sales plan. Responsible for the results of the region including delivering incremental case increases through the development of new and existing brokers and managing inforce book.
Principal Objectives & Responsibilities
* Full responsibility for the region on a daily and long term basis
* New business acquisition, handling the complete sales life cycle
* Lead the diversification of Paymentshield into new market areas
* Add new relationships
* Identify target firms and develop a sales strategy
* Develop process and structures with intermediaries to improve their sales conversion rates
* Ensure delivery of contact/relationship management strategy to maximise business results from region
* Develop an appropriate business plan to maximise sales within the region
* Minimise impact of attrition on region in force book
* Engage with key stakeholders within intermediaries to commit to selling Paymentshield products
* Conduct group meetings with Brokers and run workshops.
* Present on stage at network road shows.
* Train intermediaries to ensure understanding of the sales proposition
* Develop the region and lead the business development activity
* Use MI and market trends to drive strategy
* Work closely with the IST, Sales Support and Key Account Management Teams
* Work closely with Paymentshield Group Businesses
* Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
Key Performance Indicators
* New business
* Broker retention
* Business retention activity
* New Broker sign up
* Product Mix
* Business quality
* Industry and regulation knowledge
* Sales skills, experience on a B2B level
* Relationship management and business development skills
* Ability to operate on a consultancy basis
* Influencing skills
* Self starter with ability to travel breadth of area
* Ability to develop and execute business plans
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Delivers results
* Customer segmentation skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Ability to Travel
* Understanding of how to use MI Data
* Prepared for Travel and overnight stays
* Understanding of GI market
* Strong Understanding of Paymentshield and Towergate group proposition
* Market knowledge & practice
Please apply online
Paymentshield is part of the Towergate Group and is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage brokers. Launched in 1997 Towergate is one of the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, employing circa 4,400 people across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.”