12 months ago
Business Development Manager, EIU Healthcare
The Economist Intelligence Unit’s Healthcare Consulting Division offers sector-focused research and strategic advisory services for organizations across the healthcare ecosystem. Through the heritage of two acquisitions, Bazian and Clearstate, and the EIU's world renowned analytical, macroeconomic and policy capabilities, EIU Healthcare is able to provide high quality global healthcare data and insight. This entails a full suite of solutions, from assessing growth opportunities for industry to understanding the effectiveness and value of healthcare interventions, on both advanced and emerging economies.
Summary purpose of job:
Currently we are seeking a highly motivated and talented Business Development Manager to join our fast growth Pharmaceutical Consulting Practice. Reporting to the Global Head of Business Development, and the Global Practice Leader, this new role will be instrumental in supporting the growth of the practice with new clients and partners. The Business development manager will be responsible for selling a suite of customized research and consulting solutions to key prospects in the EMEA market.
The ideal candidate will have strong consultative sales skills, but be equally comfortable prospecting and building new business leads. They will be expected to engage with senior decision makers across a range of functions in Europes largest pharmaceutical companies. The Business development manager will be expected to become an expert on the research tools and capabilities at their disposal and be able to present these to clients and prospects, identifying opportunities for business and working with the practice team to respond with customized proposals. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in the healthcare industry and eager to learn and develop their knowledge of the sector.
In this role you would be expected to:
* Work with the Commercial Director and Practice Head to formulate and execute the sales strategy for their territory
* Be responsible for a defined sales territory target
* Manage the entire sales process (prospect, quality, proposal, negotiate and close) and work effectively with the consultant and analyst teams
* Support the wider EIU commercial teams with healthcare specific capabilities on integrated proposals
* Engage in new business development activities (cold calls, face to face meetings)
* Engage in regular travel to see clients and prospects in allocated territory
* Manage all sales related expenses within the agreed territory and ensure spend levels do not exceed budget levels
* Work closely with the various EIU healthcare research and consulting teams to architect the best solutions for clients
* Prepare new client proposals, electronic contracts and to negotiate beneficial business terms
* Prepare timely sales reports and manage personal pipeline and forecasts
* Keep current with the EIU portfolio, competitive marketplace and key developments in the Healthcare industry
* Exceed revenue targets and achieve monthly sales call quotas.
* Expand the client base and retain and up sell existing clients.
* Produce and maintain accurate pipelines and regular sales forecasts for the territory
* Possess strong knowledge of EIU, Bazian and Clearstate capabilities, competitive intelligence and the developments in the healthcare industry.
* Build relationships with clients to maximize revenue opportunities and grow future business.
* Work effectively with a cross functional team, including editorial, marketing, sales and other group divisions.
* Maintain high quality and professional image consistent with The Economist Group expectations.
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in the role you must have:
Degree in a business related discipline
* Solid experience in a consultative sales role.
* Experience of both new business development and key account management
* Experience of selling research or consulting solutions
* Proven success in big ticket sales and complex projects
* Successful track record of selling to clients in the Pharmaceutical Industry
* Experience of interfacing with operation research teams to develop complex customized solutions.
* Experience and strong comfort level selling to senior decision makers of large multi-national corporations
* Experience in managing sales relationships
* Strong working knowledge of the European healthcare market and selling to clients in that sector
* Understanding of the key relationships and strategic issues facing the industry globally
* Knowledge of basic IT programs such as word, excel, powerpoint etc
* Knowledge of working with a sales CRM system
* Understanding of trends in data visualization and content management would be advantageous
* Fluency in English is requisite and any additional european languages beneficial
You will be able to demonstrate:
* An ability to sell consultatively, by discussing client needs and matching needs to the appropriate services with the EIU's portfolio.
* You are goal oriented, energetic and enthusiastic
* Self motivation with the ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid, team-oriented environment.
* A willingness to succeed and develop a career in the EIU and wider Economist Group.
* A genuine interest in healthcare
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.