Business Development Manager, Education, North West, Midlands and Yorkshire. £25K Basic, £36K OTE + Car + Pension + incentive schemes. Selling into schools this is a terrific sales role for a 'hunter' oriented sales professional that is unfazed by new business meetings and enjoys developing relationships and managing pipeline to ensure maximum close ratios.
Supported by a dedicated telesales team and a very forward-thinking marketing strategy all appointments are set for you and leads will have gone through an initial qualification process. Your role is to them progress this lead to a face to face meeting, a quotation and ultimately an order. With over 20 years experience in the field, the company are recognised as a market leader and work to structured processes and methodologies that work. The patch is North of Birmingham to Liverpool, across to Leeds and South to Nottingham. The ideal living location would be Manchester, Stoke, Crewe, Chester - roughly the centre of the patch.
Selling primarily into the education sector (First, Middle and Senior Schools) this business to business sales role is ideal for a proven sales professional that an understanding of the common obstacles to securing a deal.
You will be used to managing a large area and working with your telesales 'buddy' to effectively plan two-week cycles to ensure your time is maximised. Commonly attending 10 to 12 meetings per week (new business and follow up calls) your success will be rewarded with a fantastic commission scheme that is straightforward and attainable.
So what's needed?
* A great communicator that can quickly build credible relationships with senior level customers - the normal point of contact is office staff within a Senior School and then the Headteacher/board of governors.
* 2 years of field sales experience and the ability to prove at interview your abilities to sell and evidence of overachievement within a team
* A well-presented sales professional that enjoys working to KPI's and proven systems and methodologies to maximise sales
* A solution-oriented approach to sales. While ultimately it is a product sale it is selling the 'package' that is right for your customer and typically signing them up for annual rolling contracts
* A self-motivated and driven individual with a positive outlook that is always looking to learn new skills.
* An ability to 'hold the hand' of the client through the path to the sale and the patience to support them through which can often be quite a convoluted process.
* An ability to effectively plan a patch so that your 'face time' with clients is maximised
* Good understanding of CRM and basic software skills
* An individual that is professional, well rounded, well presented with a driving license
As the role is selling into the education sector, you will also be expected to attend Child Safeguarding training, and a Basic DBS check will be taken at the second interview stage.
To apply, please