The role is varied and has the opportunity to work creatively and flexibly, but a general outline of the process is as follows: BDM brings in the sales through new business development, work with the promotions manager on site and full ops team, BDM would take the booking brief, build an event sheet, send to client, and once signed off this is passed on to ops team to manage.
Our client holds multiple bar and dining venues around the UK, consisting primarily of 3 main brands offering a varied customer experience for different target markets. This role is focused on the venues in Manchester, including a cocktail themed bar, sports bar, and cellar party bar.
They are looking for a confident, enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join the team and boost sales across the companies numerous brands!
Your duties will include:
- Business Development & Pipeline Progression.
- Sourcing New Businesses & Researching to identify new sales leads.
- Commercial understanding around business and personal needs of customers.
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationship by telephone and face to face.
- Reporting in to the Head of Sales & Marketing (doing some sales too), and day to day work under general manager of the site.
- Working week - Monday to Friday - hours will reflect the industry.
- Based at the site - venue selling for all sites.
- Work with stag and hens groups, corporate businesses, sports clubs, retail shops etc.
- Small database of bookings - contact lapsed customers, cold new business, also some inbound from website - opportunity to upsell or create bespoke packages.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in hospitality venues including hotels, bars, or restaurants and have a good network within the industry.
Key attributes include:
- Strong Work Ethic and ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to deliver targets - sales driven.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Confident, outgoing, and exciting by the prospect of selling!
- Hungry, willingness to learn.
- Someone who can hit the ground running.
- Someone in hospitality/events.
- Fuel, trains, and parking expensed.
- Holiday - 20 days holiday + bank holidays (April to March year).
- Commission (monthly) based on net amount (VAT) against targets.
- Incentive across sites - win a weekend away in Europe.