about 1 month ago
Business Development Manager - Booker
At Britvic, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. Britvic is one of Europe’s leading players in the FMCG market providing household favorites like Pepsi, Robinsons, Fruit Shoot, Purdeys and J2O plus a growing portfolio of premium brands including London Essence combining a strong heritage and innovation across our brands. With a strong position both in the UK and internationally, we’re looking to build on our success with an ambitious growth plan. As our organisation continues to grow, it’s critical that we find new ways to create value for our customers.
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to work within our Off trade part of the business. Reporting into the Account Director, our Business Development Managers are responsible for leading the development of their account portfolio to be the primary interface responsible for managing the negotiation, development and execution of customer specific strategic and tactical plans to deliver company volume, revenue and profit targets and effective management of all commercial investment.
Business Development Managers are accountable for inspiring and motivating internal teams and external customers to flawlessly execute our commercial propositions.
Key responsibilities include:
* To provide strong leadership, coaching and management to direct reports enabling them to maximise both their personal and professional potential as they deliver the Customer Management strategy & vision.
* To be fully accountable for P&L of accounts within your area of responsibility, building and agreeing an investment plan for the channel to drive the Annual Operating Plan objectives.
* To be accountable for deployment of our point of purchase strategy in distribution and instore execution plan through a collaborative and dynamic relationship with our channel operations team.
* Take accountability for pre-conditioning, creating and executing changes to price plans and handle objections associated with the proposed changes.
* Pro-actively track performance of your business, implementing course correcting tactics as necessary & driving a dynamic, cross functional, collaborative ways of working to maximise the performance of the relevant business area.
* Ensure that appropriate time is spent in our customers stores and supply networks to build knowledge, understanding & insight and evaluate execution & compliance
* Work collaboratively with the Commercial Planning teams to ensure that each customer has an individual annual plan that delivers against channel commercial goals and strategic direction.
We are looking for candidates who have strong leadership experience within a National Accounts based role across the Grocery channel. You must be a clear understanding and confidence with P&L management and with management of both volume and profit forecasting processes as well as be able to demonstrate people management capability. Previous experience within the Grocery or Wholesale channel would be advantageous although not essential.
This exciting role is a great opportunity to join a business that is flexible, diverse but most importantly encourages agility and entrepreneurship. If you are a compelling, inspirational communicator, with the ability to lead from the front, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.