3 months ago
Business Development Manager
Job Posting Number: 179110
Inside Sales Harlow, England August 5, 2019
Apply Add to Cart
At Pitney Bowes we are entering an exciting period of time where we are redefining our Inside Sales capabilities. You will be joining a rapidly expanding and market leading global technology company at a key stage in its development.
Under the leadership of our dedicated Inside Sales Director, we are delighted to introduce this new opportunity. This role will enable you to develop your sales skills, increase your business acumen and collaborate closely with our Marketing team. You will work alongside industry leaders in the Shipping, scanning and print solutions space to explore how we interact with our client base.
As part of our Business Development Team you will be responsible for generating a highly qualified pipeline and speak to decision makers across targeted verticals about the range of solutions within our portfolio.
Collaboration is an important part of Pitney Bowes Culture and our Sales Business Model. You would therefore be required to interact, partner and develop strong relationships across our sales channels and within the wider organisation.
In addition, our Business Development Managers will hold responsibility for collaborating with our external agency to progress, nurture and develop opportunities into our sales channels. There will be a requirement to work closely with our marketing team to assess effectiveness of marketing activities.
Naturally creative, you will be responsible for identifying and enriching future prospects by using multiple series of communications strategies including calling, webinars, events and web chat capability.
You will be targeted on the quantity, value and quality of the pipeline that is added into our CRM system that will be measured on a quarterly basis. With alignment to our Pay for Performance Strategy, these measures will be aligned to the on target earnings of the position.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working as a partner to our Marketing team to support and deliver successful outcomes;
• Utilise marketing support in the form of deploying events, direct mail/email campaigns, nurture streams, white papers and case studies to nurture mid to long term pipeline;
• Building highly qualified pipeline, primarily over the phone, and speaking with decision makers from our client base within UK & Ireland;
• Attention to detail and diligent, you will ensure all work is reflected with great detail and accuracy, within our CRM tool;
• Attend meetings in support of our business model and the evolution of the Business Development Team;
• Participate in feedback loops to Marketing on best practice. Considering success stories and determining campaign effectiveness to build more engaging programmes that resonate with our clients;
• Complete data quality initiatives in alignment with the Business Development function;
• Take personal accountability to complete all assigned training, certification and personal development requirements as required
• Present final project learners to sales leaders within the organisation;
• Display strong understanding of Pitney Bowes values, ethics and business acumen. Maintaining professionalism at all times as a role model of our brand and our ethos;
• Ability to work autonomously with a wider team of support functions within the business;
• A change agent who enjoys learning in a fast-past environment with a long-term interest in sales, marketing and operational roles.
Qualifications & Experience
• Proven experience selling in a B2B environment
• Proficient in Windows applications including E-mail, MS Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer (all required)
• Ability to navigate multiple applications including CRM’s
• Holding a strong business acumen to plan and organize in order to maximize productivity
• Exceptional client care focus
• Ability to listen and articulate a value proposition clearly and confidently
• Ability to think quickly, solve problems and provide a fast response
• Can work autonomously, is driven and self-motivated to work in a fast paced environment
• Goal oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident, ambitious and enthusiastic mentality
• Driven to over achieve
• Desire to progress / develop
Pitney Bowes values progression and internal mobility and therefore has structured these roles to foster an environment of career development. Every role has a set of development experiences and learning opportunities, which we believe support our internal mobility strategy.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.