Business Development Manager – £35k-£40k + attractive uncapped commission + benefits – Old Street, London
EMAP are looking for a talented and dedicated Business Development Manager to manage their architecture portfolio at their offices in Old Street. You will be proactively and strategically targeting and confirming new business revenue for the portfolio, whilst ensuring a high level of quality client interaction and maintaining regular contact with them.
Working in partnership with the sales, editorial and events teams, you will ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded where possible, whilst supporting the Commercial Director to implement the operational sales plan, delivering and exceeding against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a rapidly growing company.
The key responsibilities of a Business Development Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Selling sponsorship and marketing solutions across the EMAP Architecture portfolio
- Ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets across agreed territory
- Sourcing and securing new business revenue proactively and strategically in your agreed territory whilst managing and growing existing accounts (approx. 70/30)
- Selling the full range of products in the portfolio – from print and digital through to sponsorship campaigns
- Delivering / exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues, identifying new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth year on year
- Preparing strategic plans and identify opportunities for new business growth
- Making the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients in order to grow revenue and market share (some international travel may be required)
- Monitoring market and competitor activity closely and understanding the market forces that are affecting the sector
- Being the recognised face of the brands across customer types in your specified territory
EMAP is a fast-growing content, subscription and events business. Our industry leading brands sit at the heart of powerful business communities like health, construction, architecture and fashion.
EMAP people are ambitious, curious by nature and use this to create great work products and solutions. Our people are great communicators to our customers and have deep personal integrity. We are a performance-driven growth business with an entrepreneurial and sociable spirit.
The key skills and qualities of a Business Development Manager:
- Experience in a B2B publishing and events sales environment, with sales experience in/knowledge of the built environment sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time management skills, having the flexibility to be able to multitask and prioritise own workload with ease
- A high level of business acumen and commercial awareness, able to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- A driven character and self-starter who has a genuine passion for businesses and how they operate, and who thrives in a growing environment
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.