6 months ago
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Trade Sales team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
In this role, you will manage the day to day relationships with development Trade Agents to deliver new and incremental revenue growth to assist in meeting our business objectives. This will be achieved by developing strong relationships with these agents, while also sourcing new opportunities/trade partners for the business.
You will also be required to work closely with partners both inside and outside of the business to identify and resolve operational issues and to consistently achieve key performance indicators. You will need to be focused on increasing sales and should be driven by the achievement of results.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* Shared responsibility for revenue in excess of £40m across Saga Holidays and Cruise
* Manage day to day relationships with key development accounts to maximise Saga sales, ensuring an effective and regular communication structure is in place, identifying training requirements and resolving operational challenges
* Meet with managed Accounts on quarterly basis and regularly attend meetings with regional accounts alongside Regional Sales Managers.
* Attend senior level agent meetings alongside Saga senior management as required
* Actively seek new business opportunities for Saga Holidays and Cruise to help deliver stretching revenue targets
* Take full ownership of account portfolio, including the negotiation and distribution of commercial agreements (supported by the HOTS and National Account Manager)
* Commitment of regular time in field to gain direct agent feedback on Saga products, sales opportunities and barriers
* Alongside Marketing teams, formulate marketing and development plans for each National Account and key regional agents in conjunction with Marketing teams, ensuring ROI on all activity is tracked
* Adhere to budget management processes and ensure spend is appropriately approved
* Oversee the efficient handling of travel agent administration including Taurus updates and liaison with internal departments to resolve issues
* Contribute to the Trade Sales strategy and own the delivery of assigned projects and tasks to ensure Trade Sales KPIs are achieved and exceeded
* Constantly review and deliver best practice recommendations to National Account Manager and Head of Trade Sales
* Provide positive contribution to reviews of the Trade Sales function, identifying opportunities for improvement and development
* Maintain and develop key business relationships, both internally and externally
* It is expected that you will spend time with key accounts, embedding yourself in their business, averaging 1 day a month
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* In depth knowledge of Trade Sales practices
* Understanding of the wider Travel Industry
* Previous account management skills preferable, particularly in the Travel Industry managing travel agent relationships
* Ability to develop key business relationships and influence at all levels, both internally and externally
* Experienced in business development and able to identify and secure new opportunities
* Strong negotiation and communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
* Excellent communicator
* Highly numerical, with a sound understanding of commercials
* Capable with Microsoft package, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
* Customer focused
* Excellent influencing skills
* Able to liaise at all levels with both internal and external customers alike
* Proactive and positive approach; a real self-starter
* Driven by results and achieving KPIs
* Able to think broadly and creatively; happy to challenge the status quo
* Good problem solver
* Empathetic approach
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.