Business Development Manager will be home based selling across a global territory. Identifying new business for the design and manufacturer of precision engineered components, systems and solutions. An exciting and extremely rewarding role. Working for an innovator within a large group.
Leading and respected innovator of precision engineered systems and component. Designed and manufactured for integral systems used in worldwide aircraft platforms. These are a successful subsidiary of a large Group (PLC) with over 7000 employees. Supplying design and manufacture into aerospace, defence, land, marine and energy markets.
The Business Development Manager will support the Business Development Director in achieving
new business sales targets through:
- Comprehensive market research
- Proactively seeking out new sales opportunities
- Developing client relationships capable of delivering profitable growth
- Delivery of new revenue streams to the business
In addition the successful Business Development Managers remit will consist of the following:
- Generate/capture new "Profitable" business opportunities/programs for the company from customers across the Defence, Aerospace, Marine, Power Generation, Medical or other high integrity spec vertical markets in the UK and ROW.
- Hunting - Identify, prospect, and develop new sales opportunities within existing clients and new customer targets.
- Establish solid relationships with customer business leaders, Sales teams, Engineering, and Operations.
- Understand and manage customer expectations, monitor orders and raise flags if not meeting expectations, update forecasts frequently, ensure all customer issues are brought to final resolution.
- Work with customer engineers to define application requirements. Identifying requirements, needs, pain points where value added proposition by way of a technical solutions.
- Responsible for forecasting, budget preparation, and goal setting. This role is of senior and critical to growth. It's a classic Business Development Manager role.
- Extensive travel (50%+) to customer facilities as needed to strengthen relationship, discuss potential new business opportunities and/or review status of existing business.
The Business Development Manager will have:
A Relevant industry track record working in a customer facing sales role or similar winning profitable business in specialist high tech markets.
- Demonstrated experience of:
- Delivering direct sales results as an outcome of robust market research
- Delivering sales as a result of identifying and understanding customer opportunity at a technical level
- Identifying and converting high margin sales opportunities; strongly consider background of sales success in the following sectors: Defence, Marine, Aerospace, Power Generation, Safety Relief Valve, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Nuclear other specialist, high tech, spec markets..
- Understanding customer drawings and specifications.
- Delivering customer quotations requiring multi-stakeholder inputs to tight deadlines.
- Managing varying sales cycle times - 4 weeks to 5 years.
- Technical qualification, degree or HND mechanical engineering.
£65,000 fixed base salary + up to 30% incentive/variable earnings +£6500 Car Allowance + 10% pension + Benefits