5 months ago
Business Development Manager – South Sussex
Business Development Manager – South Sussex
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our team based in South Sussex region.
It’s a very fast paced role and no two days are the same, with varied queries coming through at all times. Therefore the successful applicant will need to be comfortable working with conflicting priorities and will need to be resilient in nature.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Development Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Responsible for looking after and developing business from approx. 100 firms with around 300 individual intermediaries
* Advising brokers of processes, policies, and managing cases, providing good customer service at all times
* Managing relationships and developing business through face to face appointments and outbound calls, and being reactive to inbound calls and emails
* Managing administration to demonstrate best business practice, which meets or exceeds regulatory requirements
* Takes ownership for and educates brokers on submission requirements
* Take ownership for quality broker submission and address any issues highlight by the quarterly broker quality metrics
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Experience within a similar role previously is required and previous experience within the Intermediaries market desirable.
* Strong organisational skills, time management, diary planning skills and the ability to be self-motivated
* Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
* Strong relationship management skills, both internally and externally
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
South Sussex Region
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.