Business Development Manager
Our client is a family-owned business based in Lincolnshire employing over 400 people. The company provides products and services to various industries. Current focus areas include rental of specialist workwear to cleanroom industries (pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace), and of protective workwear to manufacturing industries (engineering, automotive). The company also manufactures and distributes a range of cleanroom products, which it sells in the UK and exports throughout Europe and further afield, including India, Australia and Canada. The company has an ambitious vision for growth both in the UK and abroad, and is currently setting up its first factory outside of the UK in Bangalore, India.
Position: Business Development Manager (to cover Gloucestershire and the Northern Home Counties)
Location: Remote (Ideal candidate to reside in Oxford, Luton or Reading)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm (with half an hour unpaid lunch break). Additional hours might be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
Salary: £29,000 per annum (after 6 months' probation - £30,000 per annum), c. £40k OTE after year 1 + Car + Benefits + Bonus
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 December 2018
Interviews will be held in December in Skegness or Louth, Lincolnshire
About the role:
Working as a Sales Business Development Manager you will identify and develop relationships, raising the market awareness of the brand and offerings. You will define long-term strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals. Predominately working in the field of industrial / PPE markets, you will need to be proactive in your approach to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately converting into clients, and be an ambassador for the brand.
- Key account selling via business specific segment price guidelines to include generation of quotations, illustrations and supply contracts
- Undertake prospecting to build a new business pipeline in accordance with targets set by your Manager
- Ensure the call rate and reporting is upheld at all times including the generation of new leads and making your own appointments with the assistance of back office support
- Promote the company's technical expertise and ensure differentiation from competitors via promotion of product and service USPs to obtain price premiums
- Provide prospective customers with innovative technical solutions, best advice and ways to develop and improve their current work wear in a consultative manner
- Generation of new leads through cold calling and other methods to include utilising data provided by the marketing department
- Ensure all records are correctly set up and maintained on the CRM database for prospects and opportunities.
- Understanding and use of company costing model to provide quotations for prospective customers
- Manage and oversee all new contracts from signing to installation
- Range extensions (selling additional products)
- Maintain a new business pipeline on CRM so that it provides an accurate picture of revenue and volume to be gained
- Represent and promote the business as the industry's technical leader and innovator
- A highly self-motivated Sales Professional, you will be able to demonstrate a successful sales track record ideally gained in a Business-to-Business (B2B) environment
- In addition, you will possess a proven ability to generate new business and to then develop long term business relationships
- An ambitious self-starter, you will be seeking a career opportunity within an organisation that will invest in you and will offer you the potential to progress your career beyond this role
- A comprehensive three-month training programme will be provided based mainly in Lincolnshire
- Proven sales track record
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of CRM database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
- Previous sales experience essential
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Business Development Management, Business Development, BDM, Business Development Executive, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Key Account Manager, Field Sales, Field Sales Managerb etc