6 months ago
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing robust business relationships, at a senior level, with major industrial and commercial energy users across a variety of sectors. It is a consultative and technical sales process, which requires an intimate understanding of the energy markets and smart building technology, in order to create strategic energy solutions that will meet our customers’ requirements.
This role is supported by a strong Marketing team and Bid function. This enables the Business Development Manager to focus on their activity in the market and creating new opportunities.
With an annual revenue target, you will be negotiating at Director and Senior Management level. With sales cycles lasting as long as 6 months or more, this role requires a high level of organisation, discipline, time management and a strategic, consultative approach.
This is a full time, permanent position and can be either home-based or based in our Redditch office.
* Work collaboratively with the Corporate Sales Manager, Bid team, and Marketing team to maximise new business opportunities;
* Monitor and report on all activities within the company CRM system, including a gauge on deal values, the likelihood of the conversion of opportunities, and estimated close dates;
* Generate new business appointments and acquire new clients, attending site visits to engage clients in technical discussions around our Intelligent Buildings Service offering;
* Prepare thoroughly for all new business meetings by reading notes from the CRM, researching the prospective company and preparing a meeting planner;
* Maintain an in-depth understanding of the most recent market movements, risk management strategies, and building energy management solutions, to provide high-quality information and advice to all Clients and Prospects;
* Present to all Prospects utilising the sales tools provided by Marketing, using cost-benefit analysis documents/corporate brochures/case studies/testimonials, where appropriate;
* Contact prospective clients on a regular basis to provide additional information and advice, to negotiate terms of the agreement and to conclude all sales activity;
* Propose new ideas, strategies and methods of working to maximise our success in the Business Development Team.
* Degree Education in Business, Science, Maths, Engineering or similar.
* Minimum of three years’ experience in a BDM role, with a proven sales record within an I&C business area;
* Understanding of energy solutions, IoT and BMS;
* Proven new business sales record of accomplishment;
* Ability to present at board level.
* Sales experience with businesses spending in excess of £1M on energy;
* Good knowledge of open protocol networks, i.e. Modbus, bacNET, LON works, KNX, etc.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes, and Skills
* Enjoys working to and achieving business targets;
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills;
* Good attention to detail with a passion for delivering an exceptional level of service;
* Ability to quickly understand process and communicate new concepts and services effectively;
* Commercially minded with the ability to focus on high quality and business profit;
* Outgoing and self-driven with a positive outlook;
* A natural forward planner, able to critically assess own performance;
* Mature outlook, credible and comfortable dealing with contacts at all levels including senior management;
* An effective communicator with the ability to empathise with other people;
* A natural team player, able to get on with others, providing guidance and support;
* Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
* Proof of eligibility to work within the UK;
* References to cover last 5 years employment;
* The role may involve some occasional travel to other Utilitywise sites as required.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter via the Apply button
As one of the UK’s leading business utilities consultancies, Utilitywise advises c.40,000 customers, helping them get the most value from their utilities through better procurement and efficiency services.
Having grown from a start-up business in 2006 to managing an effective IPO in 2012, Utilitywise understands the needs and concerns of all businesses, regardless of their size or sector. The plc works with clients ranging from James Whyte Joiner to the University of Bradford.
Utilitywise aims to debunk the myths that exist around utilities and support businesses across the UK to spend less time worrying about utilities so they can spend more time running their companies. In 2016 Utilitywise was named an OEM partner by Dell as part of a joint strategy to introduce Internet of Things (IoT) Building Automation solutions to customers.
Utilitywise is a UK company quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. In 2017, Utilitywise was named as one of the top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange in its annual celebration of some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.