My client, a fantastic building materials manufacturing company, are actively seeking a Business Development Manager as a result of continued growth of the company.
With over 12 different product ranges, 120 individual products and a comprehensive range of 888 facade colours; this company is fully living up to it's mission to create ecological, energy efficient and aesthetically pleasing buildings.
The company was established in 1810 and since then has grown to be one of the most successful companies in the industry. Having started out as a family run business over 2 centuries ago, my client now operates in 14 different countries and continues to grow year-on-year.
In the UK, they have ambitions plans to grow turnover by 40% and they know that in order to do that, they need an experience Business Development Manager to join the team and continue in their success.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are:
- Work with architects to develop specification as required, as well as contractors, major house builders and sub-contractors to ensure all sales opportunities are met
- All sales in the South-Eastern territory to Architects, Designers, Specifiers, Contractors, Major house builders and Sub-contractors
- Meet sub-contractors on site or in their offices to answer any technical questions and make sure all aspects of the sales cycle are dealt with
- Keep on top of up-coming projects and feed back potential demand for products to ensure continuity of supply and service
- Identify and develop relationships with a broad spectrum of clients
- Collect and report market intelligence to make sure that all products stay at the cutting edge of building material technology- making sure new products are developed where necessary.
The successful Business Development Manager will:
- Have 3-5 years sales experience as an Area Sales Manager for a building products manufacturer
- Clear job progression would be favourable
- Some experience in the sale of screed, render, external wall insulation, cladding, adhesives or insulation would be very beneficial
- A passion for hunting out new business and creating opportunities in the market
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Highly motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ambitious
- Excellent sales record, with outstanding contacts in the industry
Competitive salary, fantastic bonus structure, flexible working hours and a company car.