Business Development Manager
Our client is a market leading Telecom Provider offering a complete range of Business Only ‘fit for purpose’ services ranging from data, voice and mobile through to fully integrated and converged solutions. They work hard to ensure their services and support are always Fit For Purpose. They provide a range of telecommunications, systems, management services and solutions directly to SME and Corporate customers as well as to a growing number of Channel Partners.
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Home Based
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40K basis plus £20K performance related bonus
About the role:
They require a high-performing Business Development Manager to help them meet their customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. You will be responsible for your own sales targets as well as maximising their BD team potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those plans to the upper management.
The BDM is a key member of their Sales team, tasked with generating new business opportunities for the company and responsible for growing and developing the company’s customer and revenue base by adding to the businesses high profile customer list. You will need to manage yourself and a team and maintain priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
As a BDM your primary responsibility is to identify sales leads, pitch products and services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts. You will lead by example and build and manage a high-performance BD team.
As a result, you’ll be required to spend a significant amount of time visiting both prospective and existing clients and attending networking events such as trade shows, conferences and industry groups. The role will be largely field based however you will need to attend weekly visits to their Head Office in Loughborough for sales reports and contact with the BD team and other key departments.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree or equivalent IT experience (Minimum 2 years experience in a BD role)
- IT / Technical related qualifications
- 1-2 years or more sales experience
- This role will suit someone with a strong sales / business development background who feels that a move to a management position would bring the best out in them
- Worked within ISP / Telco environment
- All MS Office products
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working unsociable hours will be required from time to time
- Successful previous experience as a BD Executive or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Ability to Sell, Document and Communicate Network Connectivity solutions, Cloud Services and bespoke IT solutions to both Technical and Non-Technical customer staff
- A Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Evidence of relevant training.
- Relevant customer service experience
- Working in a technical environment
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Business Development, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Field Sales, Customer Relationship, Client Relationship, Customer Service, Technical Sales, Account Manager, Account Management, Field Sales Manager.