Award winning company based in Kent seeks a Business Development Manager to account manage the companies international client base and develop new sales channels for the market they are expert in – youth and education, performance and sport and special interest.
The Company handle groups throughout Europe and also offer 2 well established events and conferences which has attracted multi thousands of attendees over the last 25+ years. As Business Development Manager your clients will be based globally especially USA, China and Europe. They have a well established brand and offer truly specialised tours and special interest tours for the Youth Market.
Business Development Manager candidates will be responsible for :
· Working closely with the MD and Operations Director on the Sales & Marketing strategy
· Researching, identifying and sourcing new business
· Account manage key clients and be high profile within the various trade bodies they are actively involved in
· Travel on independent sales missions as well as organised trade events and overseas trade shows with industry partners e.g. Visit Britain, ETOA, UKinbound
· Develop product ideas and prepare quotations for complicated itineraries
· Work within a team of marketing and sales professionals
Business Development Manager candidates should have :
· Proven sales and account management experience within the travel and tourism industry
· Good geographical knowledge of Europe with some tour operations experience
· Be self motivated and be able to think outside the box
· Ability to travel to Europe, USA and China
· Have strong organisational and administration skills
· Be able to work as part of a team
· Be self motivated
· Ability to learn diverse tourism products and tour programmes
The Company are looking for rapid growth over the next few years and are looking for a strong character, highly motivated and a hunger to develop sales and appreciate the strong customer service skills the operations team offer their clients – its such interesting work with such a range of tours to promote and the youth and special interest market is seeing no signs of slowing down.
If you are interested in this Business Development Manager opportunity, please send your CV in confidence and we will contact successful candidates within 24 hours of receipt of CV for a phone interview then arrange to meet you to discuss the role and company in full.