Business Development Manager for a market leading Professional membership body for Leadership & Management.
New business focused, relationship management role. 100% field/home based selling corporate membership, Institute Approved and online leadership development packages to corporate customers across all sectors.
Home/field based national territory. £42k basic plus car, bonus & benefits. 35 hours per week.
We are representing a market leading professional membership body for Leadership & Management.
They have a long-standing heritage and fantastic brand & reputation. Passionate about innovating and challenging the norm. Their commitment to delivering leading insight and world-class service to their members drives them forward.
To help accelerate our clients ambitions, they have embarked on an exciting growth phase - expanding their team and further extending their reach Internationally.
100% home/field based national sales role, mixture of relationship management & new business, highly consultative.
- Promote our Core Products: Corporate membership, Institute Approved and online leadership development packages.
- Identify opportunities to maximise existing relationships and introduce new customers.
- Implement a growth strategy focused on achieving revenue target, increasing market-share and customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Sales: Conducting a wide a range of sales and marketing prospecting activities to identify, source and convert business opportunities with new clients, to generate sustained and profitable business and grow our client base.
- Relationship Management: Professionally manage a portfolio of client accounts to ensure they add value, establish long-term relationships and consistent sales growth, through repeat business and client retention.
- Profile Raising: Promote, represent and represent the Institute at networking events, trade and national shows, conferences and exhibitions.
- Deliver Presentations: To internal and external stakeholders, promoting the corporate proposition, products and services and acting as an ambassador for the Institute.
We are seeking a connection to learning and development, or leadership development, or selling membership in a different sector would be desirable.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge or experience of the leadership development environment.
- Experience of building and maintaining professional relationships
- Evidence of success in taking responsibility for sourcing, selecting and securing new revenue streams.
- Effective communication and rapport-building skills.
- Confident at presenting, negotiating and selling to B2B corporate clients (up to C Level).
- Consultative approach to business development, based on a 'solutions' approach.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, stimulates ideas, considers costs / benefits of actions.
- Ability to act on own initiative and work unsupervised.
- This role requires regular UK travel, which may include overnight stays and overseas travel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook and the internet.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of using CRM systems (MS Dynamics CRM - desirable) to manage / improve processes, drive efficiency's and provide meaningful analysis and reporting.
- Holds a full UK/EU Drivers licence.
Home-based with UK travel.
Salary: £42,000, plus commission & bonus
Car Allowance: £3,000 per annum
35 hour working week M-F 9.00am-5.00pm
25 days holiday, plus 3 additional for Christmas, LOS increase to maximum of 30 + 3 days.
Pension (matched contributions: 3% employee, 5% employer)
Life Assurance (4 x DIS)
Enhanced Maternity/Adoption and Paternity Leave
Employee Assistance Programme
Group Income Protection
Employee Benefits Portal