7 months ago
Business Development Manager
Fantastic opportunity to join a small close-knit team of highly talented and motivated people, building and selling leading edge innovative technology for education, training, Work and Health, Criminal Justice Sector across the UK.
Company based in Cardiff.
The BDM will need experience of post 16, apprentice, and into-work sectors. This is h a genuine market development opportunity to leverage an established, well proven product with great ROI into new and existing markets.
Job role: Business Development Manager
Salary: £35,000-45,000 + Commission (Dependent on experience)
Location: South Wales
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small close-knit team of highly talented and motivated people, building and selling leading edge innovative technology for education, training, Work and Health, Criminal Justice Sector across the UK.
Our clients technology helps support organisations and individuals to maximize skills and minimize challenges and to improve outcomes. The company has specialist interest and skills in learning difficulties and disabilities, neurodiversity and mental health challenges.
This particular role will focus on 16+education, apprentice and unemployment sectors. It will require specialist knowledge in these sectors.
With no direct competitors, this is a genuine market development opportunity to leverage an established, well proven product with great ROI into new and existing markets.
Our client is looking for a successful Business Development Manager to join their small sales team who will manage a number of accounts and develop new business in a number of sectors.
Utilising your sales and technical skills, you will be a key member of a team focused on expanding the business at an exciting time in its growth. Are you up for the challenge?
The role offers the opportunity to enhance specialist knowledge in neurodiversity.
As the successful candidate you will be able to develop and execute a plan that will optimize revenue generation by further penetration of existing accounts, whilst creating new opportunities in mid-tier accounts either geographically or sector focused.
• Manage and grow revenues in a number of existing accounts
• Follow up and close leads
• Assuming responsibility for the success or failure of strategic decisions
• Promoting a culture of growth through sales across the business
• Fostering familiar relationships between clients and the business development team
• Being knowledgeable about products and services offered by the business
• Selling products and services in person and over the phone
• Suggesting new projects such as product development to tap into new markets
• Through your new business solution based selling approach, identify and engage tactically within organisations to develop new business opportunities both within target accounts, assigned sectors and geography
• Demonstrate solutions either remotely or onsite to national prospects
• Identify the needs of customers, at a business level and conduct initial 'discovery' calls and propose solutions as appropriate
• Consistently meet and exceed your quarterly and annual sales targets
• Represent the company at key conferences and exhibitions
• Accurately forecast sales pipeline
• Maintain accurate records and be able to set up a company CRM system
Qualifications and skills:
• Experience of working in the above sectors
• Able to maintain a high level of knowledge on products and solutions to represent the offering to customers and prospects
• Self-driven and motivated, with the ability to work independently and to deadlines
• Able to fully understand the needs of your customers and prospects and to deliver formal presentations to them, at the company and product level
• A successful track record at solution based selling with proven and demonstrable experience consistently selling and closing new business
• A strong understanding of the sales process
• An excellent communicator both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.You must be highly organised, sales focused and knowledgeable
• Fluency in written and oral English
• Professional and flexible approach with a commitment to quality
• Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent
• Knowledge of CRM systems
• Minimum of three years on target performance in a similar role
• Must live within a two-hour commute of Cardiff base
• Full clean driving license
• Ability to travel nationally, and to work outside of normal business hours
• A knowledge or interest in mental health and neurodiversity would be an advantage
Closing Date: 30/07/2018
Start date: September
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.