4 months ago
Business Development Manager
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
As a Business Development Manager you would own a portfolio of key financial services accounts made up of existing and prospect clients and agencies with the focus to grow incremental revenues across the portfolio by developing high level relationships with key client stakeholders to understand their marketing needs and then work within Economist Global Media Businesses to provide creative solutions including our product portfolio
In this role you would be expected to:
* Generate sales revenues from both existing and new financial services accounts to reach annual sales targets
* Work with the creative solutions team to develop new ideas and solutions for financial services clients
* Write creative and effective sales presentations and proposal
* Work seamlessly across the global sales team by sharing information and keeping the relevant teams up to date with account developments
* Liaise with other business units to maximize opportunities for The Economist Group.
* Maintain accurate sales database and monitoring pipelines and meeting reports
* Forecast projected revenues across business lines.
* Demonstrate strong knowledge of your advertisers, the industries they operate in, their competitors, our competition and any content marketing trend.
* Develop and maintain long term relationships with stakeholders within key client accounts and agencies.
* Build and maintain client/agency contact database
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in the role you must have:
* BA to BSC degree (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience with some formal sales training preferrably
* A proven track record of revenue growth with experience of selling content solutions would be a plus
* An extensive ad sales or equivalent client servicing experience
* Knowledge of EMEA market and key advertisers would be ideal
* Knowledge of agency/client media planning process, marketing & communications landscape
* Proficiency in excel, PowerPoint, document design and Salesforce
* Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
* Strong negotiation skills
* Prior expereince of monitoring and reporting on campaign performance
* Strong written and verbal presentation skills
You will be able to demonstrate:
* A result oriented methodical approach to problem solving
* Strong personal motivation and enthusiasm with a commitment to succeed
* A collaborative approach to working in a team and with clients with ability to influence and communicate
* Effective time management and organizational skills
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.