6 months ago
Legal Managed Services (LMS) is an exciting global business line for Thomson Reuters Legal. This is a unique opportunity for a Business Development Professional to be part of a cutting-edge, dynamic organization created specifically to meet the growing challenges faced by legal and compliance professionals working at the most prominent corporations, law firms and government agencies in the world.
More specifically, the Financial Services group within LMS helps global financial institutions reduce risk and costs through innovative solutions that harness the benefits of highly trained legal professionals, project management methodologies and innovative technology solutions.
You will be focused on growing the LMS business through the development of new clients and prospects within the financial services sector. The role requires an individual who can navigate complex financial services organizations and legal departments, and align our offerings to their business challenges. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with in-depth knowledge of the legal ecosystem as well as how complex corporations and law firms perform key legal functions. The individual must excel at establishing and fostering executive level connections both in and out of the legal space, and have demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse team.
A very large component of the role will focus on our Trade Documentation services which include helping financial institutions to better draft, negotiate, and manage obligations for relationship and transactional documentation by supporting them in streamlining processes, controlling costs, and reducing risks through data extraction and real-time reporting. This position will also include developing more general Contract Lifecycle Management and Regulatory Change Management solutions for financial institutions. As such it specifically requires a deep understanding of how global bank legal and documentation departments operate, the challenges they face and how they negotiate and manage trading documentation –including typical legal workflows and how they work with their outside counsel.
* Legal Managed Services/Sales/Financial Services
* Generate revenue based on a mutually agreed-upon portfolio of large financial services companies.
* Thoroughly analyze and understand current and potential client needs and objectives to successfully determine the appropriate solutions, as well as keeping abreast of the latest regulatory and industry drivers impacting these needs and objectives.
* Establish and maintain relationships at the most senior levels in large corporations (GC, AGC, Legal COO function, Head of Legal Documentation, Legal Procurement, etc.) and law firms (associates, senior associates, partners, etc.).
* Collaborate with clients, the LMS sales team and delivery/operations throughout the sales cycle to design and build compelling, high-quality sales presentations, proposals, etc.
* Educate and inform financial services corporations and their counsel of the value propositions surrounding legal process outsourcing.
* Understand and comply with LMS’ sales methodology and effectively engage required resources throughout the process to increase close rates.
* Perform revenue forecasting, account planning and other related tasks needed to grow assigned business profitably.
* Accurately reflect all sales-related activity in Salesforce.com
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
* 5+ years of legal, legal operations, or relevant related experience,
* Demonstrated knowledge about and experience working with large financial services legal departments required.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the transactional financial services legal space.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and grow relationships and negotiate deals effectively.
* Strong understanding and experience of Solution Selling and Consultative Sales.
* Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
* Confidence and ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of senior executives.
* Strong business acumen with proven record of working in a professional and ethical manner.
* Up to 25% travel required, as necessary.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.