about 1 year ago
Information on the company
Headquartered in South Manchester with over 60 staff and offices across the globe this company are market leaders in the new generation of technology solutions behind events, marketing, sales and training. Working with some of the world’s leading brands, this company provide innovative new technology solutions designed for mobile devices and tablets, giving their staff innovative new ways to perform data analysis, marketing and sales processes. Having experienced huge growth year on year this company have high expectations and ambitions for the next 12 months.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,000 per month with the view to converting to a full-time job with a basic salary of £17,000 - £21,000
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business development team responsible for reaching out to potential clients via phone and email to generate interest and demo the company’s software via webinars. This team are provided with high quality leads, data and new prospects to connect and develop long-term business relationships with. Tasks interns can expect to learn about and undertake include:
1. Learn and develop an excellent knowledge of the company’s wide range of services and products along with those of competitors within the industry.
2. Working with the sales team and learn how to generate and close new business opportunities with small to medium size business.
3. Maximize sales by making targeted telephone calls to companies from the company’s CRM database (Salesforce).
4. Calling potential new clients to introduce the company’s products and services to decision makers.
5. Connect with new clients with a view to arranging meetings between them and the sales team.
6. Inputting accurate information on the company’s CRM database.
7. Work towards team targets and achieve these as a group.
8. You will be expected to make approximately 30-50 phone calls or emails per day to connect with potential new prospects.
9. Learn best practice around handling inbound enquiries and how to develop these into long standing business relationships.
10. Once you have established good knowledge of the software you will be expected to demonstrate the company’s software via webinars to potential clients.
11. Once you have developed your own clients you’ll learn best practice around account management and how to identify or nurture new business opportunities.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications are:
This internship most suits a recent graduate looking to develop their commercial work experience within the fast growth sector of new technology. This position is a business development role which will give the successful candidate a fantastic all round experience where you will learn a lot in a short space of time, developing very transferable skills along the way. Key skills, personality and experience:
1. Educated to degree level.
2. A strong communicator both verbally and oral.
3. Previous experience dealing with customers in any fashion would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
4. An interest in technology would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
5. A team player who likes working towards a common goal, sharing their experiences along the way.
6. The ability to prioritise workload and remain organised.
7. Any previous work experience in a sales or business development capacity would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
What are the perks of interning at your company?
Join a rapidly expanding business, already with over 60 members of staff, working with clients across the globe on exciting and evolving new technology which can develop in a number of ways. Due to the size of the business there is ample opportunity to develop within the business, across various departments and the potential to experience international travel e.g. to the company’s USA office.
Apply for this role