11 months ago
Information on the company
A web design, development and digital strategy agency based in central London who specialise in web or mobile site design, build and optimisation with an impressive array of clients including HSBC, Santander and American Express.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,600 per month with the intention to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as a Business Development Intern responsible for identifying and connecting with new clients looking to build new websites, upgrade existing websites or develop a strategy to optimise user experiences or SEO. This is a great internship for a recent graduate looking to gain commercial experience working in the digital sector or moreover in Business Development which provides hugely sort after and transferrable skills.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Gain a strong understanding of what the agency can offer its customers by way of building new digital assets i.e. websites and mobile apps, with their huge network of developers and also their consulting around User Experience and SEO best practice.
• Learn what type of contacts the company want to attract to build their client base i.e. people who make decision on web or mobile development at brands such as Marketing Managers or Agency Directors managing the digital strategy on behalf of their clients.
• Use social media channels such as Linked In, online research, industry news channels and your imagination to identify desired target audiences and connect with these people to introduce the agency’s digital services, using previous case studies to showcase examples of completed work.
• Cold call Marketing Directors within brands or the decision makers at agencies to promote the company’s services and look to arrange meetings and pitches for new projects to work on.
• Find companies with a need for SEO consulting, User Experience consulting or technical development work.
• As the role develops and your industry knowledge increases you will be expected to manage client accounts yourself, attend meetings and work with customers to agree project briefs in line with their business objectives.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• An entrepreneurial character who would be excited by helping the business grow and expand.
• A people person who likes talking to people!
• A strong written and verbal communicator.
• An interest in digital services and products such as building new websites, apps and optimising these is preferred.
• Someone looking to join a start-up company to be given more responsibility and hence fast track their career development.
What are the perks of this internship?
• You will fast track your experience in Business Development and knowledge of the digital sector, both of which would be highly transferrable skills to gain and hep your future career.
• Work for a start-up agency who have already won major client contracts and with a team of 8 in the UK and another 50 developers in Europe this is a great time to be joining the company to grow your career alongside that of the business.
• The office is shared with another, larger, agency making for a busy and exciting place to work, along with free fruit, snacks and after work drinks with this friendly team.
Apply for this role