8 months ago
Information on the company
A start-up consultancy operating in the fast growth Fintech space, helping Fintech company’s grow and solve problems for banks looking to embrace technology and thus driving collaboration between both established banks and innovative new Fintech companies.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job paying £25,000 + commission.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the team to develop experience and knowledge of being a consultant in this space, responsible for liaising with both new and existing clients from the finance sector, understanding their challenges, pitching tech based solutions and helping implement these. This is a brilliant internship for a recent graduate looking to work in management consulting, Fintech or for a fast growth start-up.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• You will regularly research and find the latest Fintech trends to understand how they are transforming modern day banking products, services and developing specialist knowledge in this area.
• You will be given both internal and external mentoring to quickly advance your knowledge of the Fintech sector.
• Work closely with the company CEO to identify client targets, either banks or Fintech’s to establish a business relationship through gaining meetings to understand either the Fintech’s product features or the bank’s business challenges.
• Support the CEO in preparing and delivering pitches to new clients, both banks and Fintech start-ups.
• Help maintain the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system which stores data on all clients, project status and contact details.
• Visit client sites for face to face meetings.
• Regularly liaise with the company’s partner team in India who come to London once per month.
• Ultimately you will be using your growing knowledge of Fintech companies to join the dots between their solutions and banking challenges.
• The aim is for you to be able to ultimately meet with new clients as a company consultant, understand their challenges and sell them a Fintech solution to overcome these using your in-depth industry knowledge.
• All staff will be asked to spend 10% of their time each week working on their own ideas, anything they think will add value to their professional career, the business or both!
• Research industry trends and produce reports on these to be used as part of the marketing strategy, with full social media training provided to raise brand awareness and establish both yourself and the business as thought leaders in this area.
• Present new industry findings to internal teams and ultimately to external partners and clients too.
• Further down the line when you have more established relationships with banking clients you will be expected to stay in regular contact to share the latest industry knowledge.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, strong academic background preferred.
• A keen interest in Fintech and how technology is changing such an established industry as the finance and banking one.
• Comfortable liaising with external clients and partners over phone and ultimately face to face, so good communication skills are required.
• A entrepreneurial character who’d be excited by joining a start-up company and helping grow a successful as opposed to joining a more established one…an adventurer!
• Articulate, confident and concise communicator.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Unlimited free coffee, tea and beer on site in an amazing open plan office overlooking the Thames, alongside a community of other growing small businesses (and some larger ones too).
• Ping pong tables, regular events and talks.
• Be mentored by a highly recognised industry leader in the Fintech space with over 20 years’ experience.
• Champagne Fridays and regular nights out.
• Employee of the month cash prize.
• A monthly book allowance of three books, the company believe in continuous learning.
• As this is a small growing company there will be ample opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the business and thus making this a vert entrepreneurial opportunity too.
Apply for this role