8 months ago
Business Development Industrial Placement
Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 1st July 2019
Application Deadline: 31st October 2018
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
IMPORTANT - Eligibility Criteria - You must be an undergraduate in your second year of study to apply to this role. If you will be graduated either before this Industrial Placement starts or graduate during your time on the placement then unfortunately you are not eligible.
L'Oréal sells 50 products every second worldwide. (That’s over 4 million products a day, if you’re wondering.). As a Business Development Intern you’ll be working on growing our five main product categories; haircare, hair colour, fragrances, cosmetics and skincare. The Business Development Team strengthens the relationship between retailer and supplier enabling greater collaboration to exchange information, share data and build growth of the category together.
In this role you will be thinking of unique ways in which we can improve these categories, and communicate them effectively to retailers. The role also provides significant exposure to both the Sales and Marketing teams. You will also be liaising with several divisions within a retailer which will develop your project management skills, test your communication skills, efficiency, co-ordination and interpersonal skills, with plenty of opportunity for you to work on your own projects.
Day-to-day you may be...
· Generating reports and recommendations, alongside the development and implementation of projects
· Liaising with both Marketing and Commercial teams at all stages of development
· Pulling data and taking a deep dive to the external market
· Undertaking competitor analysis and feeding into the wider strategy
· Supporting Category manager with investigations and recommendations to the wider business
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
· Strong interpersonal skills and management potential
· An ability to work within tight deadlines, both internal and external
· Organisation skills, proactivity and you are able to plan effectively
· Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
· A logical, solutions focused mind set
· Strong analytical skills
· Eligible to work in the UK
· In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process!
After this, if you are successful you will be put in a waiting list to attend one of our Assessment Centres. Please note that we get hundreds of applications and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please be patient and we will contact you if you have been given a place in an Assessment Centre (but this may take a few weeks!).