Business Development Executive
Our client is a leading, family-owned, painting and refurbishment contractor, established in 1875, with 16 branches across the UK. This role is based at their Gateshead Office. They were honoured to be awarded Supreme Champion, Family Business of the Year 2016 by Family Business United, chosen from companies throughout the UK.
They are committed to the long-term development of their staff and are proud that the management team have clocked up an average length of service of 24 years. Four of their seven Executive Board members started as Management Trainees with Bagnalls.
Position: Business Development Representative
Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: hours have some flexibility, Monday to Friday, 8-4 / 8:30-4:30 / 9-5
Salary: £18-20,000 FTE dependant on experience, uncapped commission based on orders OTE are £25k-£28k
Benefits: Competitive basic salary; Uncapped commission based on orders; Company pension scheme
Closing Date: Friday 23rd November 2018
About the role:
This exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive is based in their Gateshead office. Your role will be to maintain relationships with the existing customers and to find and build connections with potential new customers. You will be using a variety of communication methods including: mainly working on the phone alongside using social media, email, Word, and Excel.
- Identifying new target customers through a range of different methods of research, including using social media and over the phone
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers over the phone and using our bespoke ‘customer relationship manager’ system
- Contacting and developing relationships, following up as necessary via phone and email
- Booking appointments with prospective clients over the phone
- Excellent telephone manner and strong verbal communication skills as the majority of work is telephone based
- Ability to research and summarise potential opportunities
- Good standard of written English
- Confidence to build relationships at many levels including with senior decision makers
- Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn to use an in-house CRM system
- Ability to learn about all aspects of the business quickly, and communicate this information effectively to others
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C including English
- Experience within a customer service or sales environment.
- Knowledge of using social media for business purposes.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Business Development Representative, Internal Account Manager, Lead Generation, Inside Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Internal Sales Representative, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Outbound Sales, Lead Generator, etc.