10 months ago
Information on the company
An exciting online education platform working with hundreds of schools and thousands of students, providing innovative online learning solutions and in-person tutoring, courses and conferences for anyone interested in a medical career. As a start-up business this company has received capital investment and partnered with the Royal Society of Medicine this is a great time to be joining the business as they expand into different industries.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job paying £22,000 - £25,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business to help support both new business and existing relationship development in what is a very commercially focused role and suit someone interested to learn about growing a start-up business or gaining experience in a growing Edtech business.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Develop a strong understanding of the company platform and the benefits it offers to both schools and students.
• Manage relationships with schools who already use the platform, ensuring they’re using the platform to best of their ability and identifying ways they could get even more benefit from using it.
• Work with the managing director to build a strategy to grow the number of schools using the platform.
• Research, identify and contact new schools with a view to signing them up as users of the platform, explaining all the benefits of doing so along the way.
• Research ways of creating new revenue channels through the platform such as selling advertising space to brands targeting the education sector.
• Produce weekly reports on sales figures and new business development activity.
• Work closely with the marketing manager to test new ways of attracting more users.
• Working hours are either 09:00-18:00 or 08:30-17:30.
What are the ideal intern’s skills, personality and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• A strong communicator, both written and verbally.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and someone who gets excited by the idea of joining a funded tech start-up and growing it to an established business.
• An organised individual who would thrive in a small business environment where everyone pulls together to achieve the team goal.
• A proactive individual with a positive approach and drive towards work.
• An ambitious individual who wants to fast track their career by contributing to the company’s expansion plans.
• Any form of prior client/ customer facing work experience would be a bonus.
• Any prior sales experience would be favourable.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Join a growing company looking to expand very quickly.
• Have lots of responsibility and autonomy.
• Help launch lots of exciting new initiatives.
• Very young, entrepreneurial environment.
• Real responsibility if you prove yourself.
• Amazing Central London location.
Apply for this role