8 months ago
Business Development Director - Fleet Solutions (102255)
: Desk Based Account Manager
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Buckinghamshire-Milton Keynes, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Solihull, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Reading
Salary : Competitive
: Feb 3, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Fleet Solutions (BTFS) is an award-winning fleet management company specialising in the management of commercial vehicles for medium to large fleet operators.
Managing the UK’s largest engineering fleet (BT and Openreach) provides a unique insight into the challenges fleet operators face and over several decades has resulted in the creation of a comprehensive portfolio of fleet services that have been successfully promoted to blue-chip external fleet operators.
With core products including fleet management, service and repair, garage services, accident management, rental and leasing, BTFS is strongly positioned against peer group competitors and with 80,000 vehicles under management is the clear market leader.
With a customer-centric culture and continued investment in new products and services, BTFS is well positioned for further growth in the UK fleet market.
What you'll be doing
• Challenging the status quo, break new ground, to create commercial advantage for BT Fleet in the markets
• Developing key relationships with senior decision makers, internally or externally, including Board level
• Seeking innovative ways to expand the business scope of new and existing contracts, ensuring all new business opportunities generate profitable revenue for BT Fleet
• Working with key senior executives to set direction and to ensure all opportunities within their region and channels are realised
• Delivering all sales, business development and performance targets
• Scoping business development/sales proposals, working with Finance, Legal, Procurement and Operations to ensure a strong value proposition to the customer and profitable revenue for BT Fleet
• Planning and executing joint activities with customers and support BT Fleet industry/customer events
• Assisting marketing and pre-sales teams to optimise sales efforts utilising best practice
• Establishing contact with senior level decision makers in targeted companies, and with/for expert colleagues
• Managing a virtual team which are accountable for the execution of securing new business opportunities for BT Fleet; ultimately resulting in profitable revenue generation for the BT Fleet business and BT
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Proven business development experience in the fleet services or automotive industry
• Ability to build rapport with decision makers and negotiate at board level
• Creative skills in developing compelling ‘sales value propositions’ for complex long sales cycle deals
• Strong commercial and business acumen and the ability to create strong business cases
• Self-motivation and strong determination to succeed as part of a broader team