about 1 month ago
Business Development Consultant - Manchester
Business Development Consultant - Manchester
North West England
Build important relationships with customers, alongside incredible colleagues
We have 2 exciting opportunities for Business Development Consultants to join our team based in Manchester.
As a Business Development Consultant you will be responsible for developing Santander’s relationship through supporting regional teams. You will be educating intermediaries about our full proposition including products and risk policy. You will provide best in class service, guidance and support creating loyalty and support for Santander throughout your calls.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Development Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Developing Santander’s relationship through supporting regional teams
* Educating intermediaries about our full proposition including products and risk policy.
* Providing best in class service, guidance and support creating loyalty and support for Santander throughout your calls.
* Managing and delivering high activity, adding value on both inbound & outbound calls seeking opportunity.
* Consistently evidencing a strong knowledge of the wider mortgage market, your customers and our proposition.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Strong customer service background
* Telephony experience
* Evidence in building and sustaining strong relationships in previous roles
* Being able to learn and retain the knowledge and information
* Communicates in a clear, confident and personable manner
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
* Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.