Business Development Consultant
Our client is a specialist litigation and commercial law firm that uses legal expertise and digital tools to proactively manage, advise and deliver business solutions to reduce legal risk. They are changing how businesses engage with their lawyers and challenging the way a traditional law practice operates and delivers its services. Their people work with businesses to help manage their legal risk and associated problems.
They enjoy strong relationships with insurers and insurance brokers in the UK and their client base of local, regional and national small and medium sized organisations is growing. Their commitment to their clients and their expectation that they will provide the best in legal services is at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Business Development Consultant
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension, death in service benefit 4x salary, central offices, social events, charity fundraising initiatives, 25 holidays per year plus bank holidays, 35 hour working week, recruitment bonus and more!
About the role:
Due to their continued success, they are currently looking for a Business Development Consultant to join their Business Development team.
The Business Development Team is responsible for driving the growth and retention of new and existing clients across our client’s client base through a number of strategic initiatives including sales, training and education, bid management and product / services demonstrations and presentations with key clients.
Working closely with the Senior Management team across the business, the Business Development team supports our client’s broader business strategy focused on driving improved business performance, revenue growth, support and management of go-to-market initiatives.
This role will be based primarily in their Birmingham office; however, you will also be part of a National ‘virtual’ team and will provide support across the UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a fresh, entrepreneurial business which is full of energy, ideas and ambition.
- Winning new business and increasing our client registrations on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling; understanding Broker and customer needs and offering the most appropriate solutions
- Building and managing your own pipeline, managing sales leads from identification and initial contact through close, carefully tracking and actioning leads across the sales cycle
- Maintaining a high level of product and service knowledge including product features and benefits, understanding competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries
- Working with a strong network of insurance brokers seeking opportunities to grow
- Driving Sales of standalone training packages to Brokers
- Undertaking frequent travel across a specified territory to meet with brokers (Midlands / South / Wales)
- Daily interaction with brokers and Insurers to understand their business and motivations, taking a consultative approach to find solutions for their customers
- Building and maintaining a clear contact strategy that incorporates all relevant parts of the business and covers all levels of the broker hierarchy to maximise joint opportunities
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and influence external customers
- Master rapport building, handling objections, and professionalism
- Highly capable of establishing relationships quickly
- Adept at finding solutions for a wide range of business opportunities, always with the customer in mind
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage at all levels of Insurer and Broker
- Curious, tenacious, self-motivated, resilient and thoughtful
- Experience of working within the general insurance industry either with brokers or in underwriting is essential for this role
- Willingness to travel across the country with some overnight stays is essential
Their people and you:
Our client people have ‘human’ personalities and traits, they are not ‘office machines’ so they look for friendly, flexible and thoughtful employees who enjoy fast paced, solution focused work and can operate well both in a team and on individual pieces of work. Social responsibility and education are very important to them too, as them strive to make perceived worries in life more understandable and manageable to all, so that others believe in the opportunities, not the hindrances in life.
They believe in their people and want them to be the very best they can be, so our client will support and develop you in your career with them. They are also developing a phenomenal benefits package to match the needs of their talented people, so that they can support you in and outside of the workplace.
Be a part of something unique.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Consultant, Business Development, Financial Services, Insurance, Insurance Products, Account Manager, Key Accounts, Warm Leads, Cold Leads, New Business Development, Business Strategy, BID Management, Product Services etc.