about 1 year ago
Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the United Kingdom Public Sector (Government, Education and Non-Profit verticals)? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with worldwide public sector organizations who are completely reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As the Business Development Pursuit/Capture Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the UK Public Sector technology markets in the UK, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS and other AWS offerings).
Your broad responsibilities will include working with the internal AWS Public Sector team to develop and oversee bid strategies, shape and influence solicitations, support new business development, pricing, teaming, proposal strategies and help with written RFx proposals (e.g. Tenders, RFPs, Framework Contracts) for the UK Public Sector market. The Capture/Pursuit Manager will work with the AWS account and partner sales teams, along with our engineering teams, to close strategic business at a rapid rate across this sector.
The ideal candidate will possess appropriate experience, have prior capture, pursuit or business development management experience identifying, shaping and responding to RFx opportunities and developing innovative technical solutions.
The candidate will possess a UK sales/business development background:
· That enables them to analyze available procurement data to identify cloud related buying trends and needed cloud solutions/scopes (from a variety of sources including Kable and government websites).
· He/she requires demonstrated ability to think strategically about the full variety of cloud enabled solutions possible/needed and to build/execute a plan to “identify and match” available solutions to customer needs and wants. He/she then executes this strategy to deliver a qualified pipeline of opportunities with pursuit/win plans for each.
· The candidate must know UK acquisition guidelines and have experience with government compliance requirements.
· He/she will manage a pipeline of multiple “pre tender and tender” opportunities and identify the pre solicitation capture plan for each
· He/she will manage and execute the pre-solicitation capture plan as well as the proposal response plan (if applicable) while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. partner teams, sales teams, proposal team, service teams, legal, support, etc.) to position AWS and our partners to win the business
· He/she will develop win strategies, cloud friendly procurement approaches, technical discriminators, and innovative strategies working with AWS stakeholders specific to each opportunity.
· Understand and navigate government contracting vehicles and procedures. Be a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win strategies, technical discriminators, solutions providers and pricing.
· Demonstrable track record of business development and/or sales experience
· Extensive background in IT and or Commercial/ Public Sector proposal capture management experience identify and leading competitive procurement
· Exposure complex deal management and pre-sales experience
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
· University Degree or equivalent experience
· MBA or equivalent degree
· Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· Must have a good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals