Our client, Howdens, invest in their people and provide thorough, on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. They have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Their unbeatable service and product has led to them becoming a market leader, which is why they were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for their quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
Howdens are proud of their substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of their local depot network. They are now seeking a Telesales Business Developer to join their growing business at their Ferndown branch.
As a Telesales Business Developer, you will establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers, using telephone sales techniques to generate business and encourage new leads. You will also provide support to the depots Sales Representatives where appropriate.
Main responsibilities of the role
- To effectively communicate the products and services offered by Howdens and generate sales leads and enhance sales potential on incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Develop long term collaborative relationships with customers from the building trade.
- Proactively gain new accounts, repeat business and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls.
- Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service.
- You will be required to provide the Sales Representatives with qualified leads and appointments.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
What will I receive in return?
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Monthly depot performance bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings
- 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Ferndown, East Dorset
JOB TITLE: Telesales Business Developer
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive Salary plus Bonus
WORKING HOURS: Full-time