about 1 year ago
* A number of Business Continuity Consultants, to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management, in our head offices in Swindon.
* Salary £30,500- £44,000 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a permanent, full time contract
* Please send in your application by 10th December 2018
We have a number of exciting opportunities to be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
As part of our team you will get aaccess to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
You’ll proactively engage with projects, change programmes and third parties, providing expertise, and ensuring continuity plans are in place and aligned to the business continuity strategy.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota, enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
Ideally, you will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will have advanced communication skills and an ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
You will be required to pick up diverse business areas and quickly understand business objectives/structure, communicate resilience and continuity issues and constraints to technical and non-technical colleagues/audiences.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
* Hold membership of Business Continuity institute or have relevant experience with a commitment to pursue a relevant professional qualification
* Have knowledge of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301
* Strong experience in business continuity practices and principles
* Resilient and motivated self-starter who relishes a challenge. Able to think on your feet and make decisions
* Ability to pick up diverse business areas and quickly understand business objectives/structure or function.
* Advanced communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels
* Ability to communicate resilience and continuity issues and constraints to technical and non-technical colleagues/audiences
* Experience in project management and consultancy, technical development, support and operation, and/or audit
It would be nice if you also had:
* Membership of the business continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI)
* Experience in financial services
What you'll be doing
You will support the Society to ensure resilience and continuity risks are effectively mitigated through an appropriate mix of preventative and responsive controls, becoming more resilient to continuity risks, and ensuring service to members is protected throughout major change.
You’ll contribute to cross-organisational training, planning and exercising initiatives. Development of continuity and resilience plans, strategies and frameworks.