8 months ago
Business Analyst (Credit/Portfolio Oversight) - National
Job Title: Business Analyst (Credit/Portfolio Oversight) - National
Region: South East England
Salary: £25000 - £29999
Date Closes: 21/01/2018
Ref Number: A20172
Turn big plans for your career into action
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our team within Santander Business.
As the Business Analyst you will co-ordinate and analyse data and associated information to identify trends in credit/portfolio risk performance. You will work in partnership with central stakeholders to deliver insightful analysis to assist the monitoring and control of the Santander Business portfolio incorporating Business Relationship Directors, Business Relationship Managers, Remote Relationship Team and Portfolio Management team. You will assist with the coordination of data returns and implementation of strategies to improve risk performance.
The role holder will report to the Head of Operations & Control, joining a diverse team in a fast paced environment.
This is an exciting support role, creating MI and tracking systems for the delivery of MI, supporting projects and updating and tracking actions to the leadership team.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Supporting the co-ordination and analysis of portfolio risk performance
* Assisting and establishing reporting mechanisms to effectively monitor, track and assess risk performance
* Assisting with identification of warning signs and remediation plans
* Supporting pilots and the early inception of appropriate risk projects, ensuring that they are shaped properly
* Actively and consistently communicating the risk vision
* Attending and participating at appropriate meetings and Forums
Minimum skills and experience required
* Previous experience with performance measurement technics
* Excellent organisational skills when working towards tight deadlines; ability to work on their own or as part of a team
* Previous exposure to Credit Risk would be an advantage
* Excellent communication and influencing skills
* Strong IT skills, such as excel, PowerPoint
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers one of the most competitive basic salaries with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your pay and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Of our disclosed population 19% of our workforce come from an ethnic minority