6 months ago
Business Analyst, Canback
Canback Consulting is a business unit of The Economist Intelligence Unit is a high growth management consulting firm leveraging predictive analytics with an expertise in emerging markets. From our headquarters in Boston, we operate on a global scale with some of the world’s largest companies as clients. As of today, this has taken our consultants on the ground in over 50 countries (and counting), including extensive work in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. What makes us unique compared to traditional large management consulting firms is a) our scientific approach to problem solving, b) our passion for complex projects that require creative minds, and c) our one-world mind-set.
We are hiring a Business Analyst (BA) for our consulting group who would work closely with Canback leadership and with client leadership to evaluate business problems, assemble recommendations, and communicate information and ideas clearly throughout projects. This is an exciting and challenging role, with the opportunity to work independently and creatively in a client facing environment. As we are a small firm, this position will be exposed to all aspects of our business and will likely travel frequently.
How will you contribute?
* Prepare and deliver quantitative analysis for client consulting projects, including data analysis, demand modelling, elasticity estimation and other econometric modelling
* Take ownership of specific workstreams within a project including analysis of results and slide preparation
* Work with Project Managers to present recommendations to clients
* Provide proposal support for business development as needed, including data research and methodology development as required
* Work with senior staff and engagement managers to deliver projects to strict deadlines
* Manipulate large datasets to extract relevant insights to drive recommendations
* Determine the appropriate method to test hypotheses and conduct statistical analyses in STATA
* Translate analysis into meaningful presentations that prove actionable recommendations to clients
* Participate in internal initiatives including marketing efforts and business development support
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field from a leading university
* Demonstrated strong quantitative and analytical ability
* Capacity to integrate analysis with a concenptual framework to solve problems
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a professional and collaborative environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and utilize Microsoft excel advanced features
* Experience of working on STATA would be a plus
* Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
* Commitment, drive and enthusiasm
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS