5 months ago
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 (Telefonica UK) and Tesco. Launched in 2003 it has grown rapidly to become the UK`s largest MVNO with a customer base of 5.0m (2018) and 99% network coverage in the UK. We have an award winning customer care service and in 2016 won "Best Value Pay Monthly", "Best PAYG Network" and "High Street Retailer of the year" at the uSwitch Awards.
About The Team
The DevOps team is part of wider change department, its main focus is managing the order entry systems to allow Phone Shop, Telesales and online users to buy new propositions and upgrade.The teams responsibilities include: Roadmap planning, analysis and design, development, testing, deployment and support.
About The Role
As a Business Analyst in the DevOps team, you`ll be responsible for capturing and articulating business requirements for the Tesco Mobile DevOps team across various programmes of work. This exciting role is at the core of agile project delivery, you would face both our talented DevOps members within the team as well as the wider stakeholders within Tesco Mobile business. This position forms part of a small BA team reporting into the Lead Business Analyst.
As a Business Analyst you will liaise with the members of the agile DevOps team, business stakeholders and third party vendors to ensure successful delivery in time/cost/quality. You will lead and facilitate business engagements to establish scope, business needs, project objectives, outcomes and expectations on project delivery from initiation to release and maintenance. You will help to design solutions that meet people, process and technology needs and provide an optimal route from the As-Is to the To-Be.
* Co-ordinate the production of an Impact Assessment across the BA, Test and Development teams within DevOps
* Create epics and user stories containing clear acceptance criteria and, where required, accompanying wireframes
* Validate epics and user stories with the business and Solution Designer
* Take an active role in the peer reviewing of requirements
* Brief the DevOps team at refinement and sprint planning ceremonies
* Assist the Development team by clarifying any issues during the sprint
* Assist the Test team by validating potential defects during the sprint
* Report back to stakeholders on the progress of the work throughout the lifecycle of a project and attend regular Project Review Board meetings.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Understanding of the Software Development lifecycle (SLDC) from initiation to live service.
* Experience with JIRA / confluence or similar tools to manage the product backlog
* Ability to understand complex systems and issues and communicate these to both technical and non-technical people.
* Flexible - keen to learn new technologies and to extend business domain knowledge
* High attention to detail
* Experience in Stakeholder management and building solid professional relationships
* Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time
* Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
* Mediating and resolving issues as and when they arise
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its community model.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future