9 months ago
We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and proactive BUSINESS ANALYST to join the Project Management Department and contribute to their continued success. This role is focused around supporting the operational teams in the design and implementation of processes and procedures in a successful and growing business to support key project delivery.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday, working 40 hours per week with flexible working. Core hours 9.30-4.30pm Monday – Thursday and 9.30-4pm Friday
Location: Based at our Head Office, South Manchester, M22 4SY
Benefits: Exceptional benefits package (See below)
Verastar provides an environment full of opportunities for those who want to forge a career and gain experience that enables future progression. Established in 1998, Verastar supplies essential services such as utilities, telecoms and financial services to the small business market. The Company’s customer base includes c. 10% of the UK’s small businesses. Verastar disrupts established market sectors by providing a wider range of services, a higher quality of customer care and a lower price than industry incumbents.
We have grown considerably since 2005 and currently serve over 100,000 micro SME’s with a diverse and expanding workforce of over 900 staff across 14 offices to support our customer base. We have exciting plans to further grow our team and are now looking for proactive, highly motivated and talented Business Analyst to join our team.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To work closely with the Project Manager, existing Business Analysts, IT and operations teams across the business to create and improve internal systems and processes. The role is focused around supporting operational teams in the design and implementation of processes and procedures. This exciting opportunity will enable the successful applicant to work across focused areas of the business on a multitude of different projects and product areas.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following: -
* Working closely with the project manager, product managers and operations management to understand strategies and to determine what the business needs to achieve.
* Carry out fact finding tasks into existing business's processes, desired process outputs and any new requirements
* Analyse your findings and perform root cause analysis of issues and improvement plans
* Look at the potential impact and risks of your recommendations
* Explain the benefits of your recommendations to the business and work with the business to make a final decision 0on process design
* Define business processes and produce business requirement documents
* Keep a written record of requirements, recommendations and decisions taken forwards
* Agree with the senior management and the project team the best way to implement changes
* Manage process change and oversee testing and quality checks, along with resolving issues found
* Support the staff who are responsible for making the changes and report any issues
* In some cases, you may also be responsible for managing the project all the way through to completion
* Facilitate and lead process discovery/design workshops
* Become subject matter expert for agreed functional area and represent functional interests in all aspects of change delivery.
Skills and Experience Required - The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* 3 years professional experience of business analysis is required
* Proven ability to see problems from different angles and to solve them
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to anticipate issues and respond to unforeseen changes
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
* Experience in people management including the ability to lead, influence and negotiate.
* Impeccable attention to detail.
* A desire to challenge the norm.
* Drive to succeed and take on new challenges
* BCS certificate/ diploma in Business analysis, Lean 6 sigma, Agile BA desirable although not essential
* The ideal candidate will be personable, persuasive, innovative with a strong character and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels. They must have a “can do” attitude and be able to think logically to overcome challenges and see projects through from start to completion.
* STAR Bonus Scheme (Up to 10% salary bonus per year)
* Up to 33 days holiday per year
* Annual pay review
* Excellent career development opportunities
* Regular subsidised social events
* Company pension Scheme
* Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
* Investors in People accredited company
* Last Friday of each month – Pizza for Lunch
* Funding for external training courses through the training support scheme
* Verastar Rewards Scheme
* Gym Discounts
* Holiday Discounts
* Discounts with major retailers
* Free tea and coffee