about 1 year ago
Information on the company
This company area premier independent UK supplier of wine and spirits specialising in providing a complete category solution.
This is a full time Graduate role based in Irlam, Manchester. The salary is up to £27,000 depending on experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Reporting to the Business Sector Controller, the main purpose of this role is to effectively support the Business Unit Manager to deliver the account sales targets. The role is a key point of contact for the customer and internal colleagues, acting as primary cover for the Business Unit Manager when they are out of the business.
How you can expect to spend your day:
1. Establish and develop excellent relationships with existing and potential customers across sales, marketing, supply chain, and operations.
2. Deal promptly with any customer queries or requests, involving relevant personnel when required and follow up accordingly until the query / issue has been dealt with.
3. Support the Business unit manager when preparing accurate reports as required by each specified customer account in a timely manner.
4. Support the Business unit manager when providing commercial input into supply chain meetings (e.g. forecasting meeting).
5. Co-ordinate the implementation of price changes, including stock management and implementation dates both internally and with the customer.
6. Co-ordinate the implementation of any new products or products specifications amendments from concept to launch.
7. Maintain a good level of market and competitor knowledge by means of regular store visits and reading of relevant trade publications. Undertake regular category and market analysis to support KDL proposals.
8. Represent the company at Trade events and fairs as and when required.
9. Be the primary caretaker for the Customer when the Business Unit Manager is out of the business.
10. Be actively involved in with the preparation of annual plans, and assist with joint business plans.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
1. Able to prioritise workload.
2. Meet expectations of the client and customers through effective communication.
3. Be able to work as part of a team as well as having the capacity to manage projects and customer accounts.
4. PC literate, with knowledge of word, excel, power-point, and outlook.
Apply for this role