9 months ago
BT Customer Care Team Manager (91795)
: Service Client Relationship/ Account Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Salary : Competitive
: Dec 6, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The team work to get customer connected complaints & issues resolved. Whether the team are helping customers decide which products and services are right for them, or solving problems if their [connection/repair/billing/sales] journey doesn’t run smoothly.
Your role will be leading a team of about 15 advisors. You’ll be there to coach and develop them to own delivery of superior customer service. And you’ll get your team to share their knowledge on the right way to do things, so everyone’s better off.
Whatever the situation you’re always looking for how you can get your team to deliver their absolute best. You’ll create a great place where everyone wants to come and work. And you’ll need to make sure all the team goals are achieved. But you’ll be there to positively drive your team to smash them for our customers!
What you'll be doing
• Being a coach – guiding, instructing, teaching, motivating and having honest conversations. You’ll spend most of your time doing this, so that each and every member of your team are constantly learning and developing with opportunities to succeed and to deliver superior service for our customers.
• Prioritising and planning your days – you’ll need to be great at this as there will be demands on your time!
• Leading by example – You’ll set the tone for your team, so you’ll obviously be a champion at fixing customer problems and help your people to do exactly the same. You’ll make sure your people have everything they need to do a great job, but more importantly feel like they can do a great job.
• Achieving stretching GOALS / behaviours/outcomes – and being there every step of the way to support your people to deliver for our customers
• Talking to your people lots - about everything from what new products we might be selling, through to changes in process. You’ll always make sure you explain why we’re doing something and that everyone understands. This goes for making sure everyone knows what they are here to do and how they’ll know if they’re doing well, or not.
• Talking to our customers - when they ask for you or when there’s a problem one of your team can’t solve. You’ll make sure they’re called back, refund them where we’ve made a mistake and take a look at their account when needed.
• Saying thanks - when a good job is done.
• Following the process / giving feedback – and making sure all your team do the same, and use the right tools.
• Doing the best for the business as well as the customer – you’ll understand the commercial impact of decisions you make and will work with your team to make sure they get this too.
• Supporting your team – you’ll give guidance, listen to their calls, discuss their performance with them and make sure they have a well-earned break. You’ll create energy and a positive environment, where the team can thrive and build resilience
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
Recent exposure to a Customer focussed environment.
Strong leadership and coaching skills.
Excellent Communication skills.
Time management/Planning and Organising skills.
Understanding and experience of the attendance and performance management process.
Proven ability of being able to pay attention and make change happen.