9 months ago
Brand Sales Executive, Youth & Children's
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to an advertising manager you will be selling advertising across the whole of the Immediate Media Youth & Children’s brand portfolio. Working to set monthly display print targets and also with our emerging digital assets you will be targeted to grow the ad sales revenue of new, existing and lapsed advertisers through the effective management of your client [and agency] portfolio. In this role you will be responsible for driving forward a brand-led sell, creating meaningful, creative and impactful propositions to clients that will convert to revenue.
You’ll be expected to be on the phone, talking to new and existing clients; selling advertising space for our brands as well as content solutions and creative packages. You will out in the market meeting clients face to face, presenting high quality advertising opportunities and creative packages across all the Youth and Children’s brand portfolio which includes Match of the Day, CBeebies, Pokémon, Girl Talk and Top of the Pops Magazine within its portfolio.
This is a target driven role where your performance is not only measured through revenues but also client development and retention. The role will expect you to maintain a high and consistent activity both on the phone and face to face in the market. This is a busy role with an estimated revenue split of 60% new business and 40% existing business. Longer term relationship building with clients in a large and complex market is key outcome.
We are looking for an individual who can be self-directed, proactive and can demonstrate an ability to win business and develop client relationships in highly competitive and fast-moving markets. Our Youth & Children brands are the best in the market and we are looking for an individual who matches our ambition. This is a primarily a client facing role but other stakeholders including advertising, PR and media agencies will also form part of your portfolio of contacts.
Working with us is rewarding and we like to have some fun along the way… here is the highlight video from our Summer Festival, IMFest:
You will be provided with an agreed allocation of clients (and some agencies) and this will make up your territory
• You will in conjunction with relevant sales management develop a clear and agreed go to market plan to increase revenue and improve brand count across the Y&C portfolio from your territory of clients
• You will be expected to maintain a high and sustained call rate within the market
• You will work to set and agreed revenue targets and aim to overachieve on these
• Adhere to minimum standards and KPI’s of the sales department including (but not limited to): activity, share, yield and revenue
• Work on ad hoc projects set by the ad management team that will move you and the portfolio towards its objectives
• Work closely with other teams and stakeholders to facilitate growth, including the digital and Imagine teams, publishing and editorial teams as necessary
• Manage and develop your own portfolio (territory) of clients. Be accountable for the results and act always as the business manager for your territory
• Create and implement new creative ideas that will drive revenues and yields and that will inspire our advertisers
• Understand and confidently demonstrate the values of our brands to clients and agencies
• Maintain up to date records and complete necessary administration and documentation within required time frame and to standard
• To deliver a minimum external call-rate with allocated clients, associated and relevant stakeholders and/or agencies
• To establish and develop relationships with key client/ agency personnel and other relevant stakeholders that will increase and retain revenues
• Identify/develop new areas of growth for the portfolio and working with ad management, publishing and editorial initiate added value ideas with key clients to increase revenues
• To achieve individual objectives set as part of appraisals/mid-term reviews and agreed performance documentation
• Act always as an ambassador for a high quality and ambitious brand portfolio
NB: The role will require occasional evening and weekend work + travel for meetings and presentations across the UK. You will also from time to time be expected to attend media events and exhibitions as directed.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
• A proven track record of successfully selling integrated solutions to clients and associated agencies at the highest level
• Ability to think both strategically and laterally to drive value from a client portfolio in a complex and stakeholder driven environment
• An understanding of advertising sales practices would be advantageous
• A proven track record of delivering new business revenue across multiple platforms
• Being conversant in traditional advertising formats [print] and well versed in newer ones such as native and social and digital display will be advantageous
• A proven ability to build and develop sales relationships at the highest levels
• Clear demonstration creativity and execution
• Demonstrable presentation and relationship building skills