6 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, ambitious and creative individual to support the M&S gift card team. This role sits within the Corporate Gifts team, which in short is the sales channel that connects M&S with other businesses, and which plays a major part in the overall success of M&S. We are market leaders in what we do, with a clear vision for future growth. You will be a self-motivated individual who is always looking to make improvements to ensure that we meet our clients needs.
This role manages two key areas - sales and marketing of gift cards to corporate clients & management of our pre-paid card business.
About the role
* Business Development strategy, identifying new business sectors, clients and opportunities from initial idea stage through to completion and contract.
* Manage Projects, delivering innovation and improving our products and services for our clients and partners.
* Create annual sales plan & costs for the B2B channel & manage appropriately.
* Generate a 52 week trade plan & work with key clients to identify opportunities to grow sales.
* Manage our digital & telemarketing agencies and build campaigns to identify and secure a healthy sales pipeline.
* Identify and agee tactical promotional opportunities with our key clients.
* Managing our clients relationships is the most important part in this role. You will have full autonomy on client relationship management and ensuring our clients needs are met.
* Regular meetings with our top 20 clients to discuss trade & opportunities.
* First point of escalation for non top 20 clients & issue resolution.
* This role does not have any direct reports, however we have a number of external teams who you will need lead in order to deliver a great client experience
* Contact Centre Agents – we have c.15 people who interact with our clients on a daily basis. You will be the main point of contact for the team and will need keep them informed on changes and enhancements to our B2B proposition, as well as keep them engaged and encouraged to provide exceptional customer service.
* Marketing Agencies – we have 2 marketing agencies who are the external voice of M&S Corporate Gifts.
* You will be responsible for income generation of over £120m pa
* You will be responsible for a budget of over £1m.
Your skills and experience will include:
* Proficiency in building and maintaining excellent working relationships – internal and external
* Good understanding of the Gift Card Market
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Adept at problem solving, thinking creatively
* Tenacity to persevere with unresolved issues
* Strong organisational skills
* Attention to detail
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Analytical know-how of data
* Clients / agencies & Intermediates
* M&S Legal
* M&S Finance
* Other Internal teams across the business, e.g. M&S Retail, M&S.com, M&S Procurement & IT
* M&S fulfilment & Logistics
* UK Gift Card & Voucher Association
* 3rd party Gift Pre Paid Card providers
* 3rd party Print & Production companies