8 months ago
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a complete set of Cloud services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) that enable companies of all sizes to run virtually everything in the Cloud: from mobile applications, big data analytics & artificial intelligence platforms or microservices & serverless based infrastructures to enterprise-grade applications.
AWS UK is looking for someone to build and develop a local team of territory account managers, focused on supporting a broad segment of early stage technology startups across the UK. You will be at the heart of latest trends like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), serverless or IoT and work with startups that leverage state-of-the-art technologies on AWS to innovate and become the next disrupters.
We are looking for a senior professional with a background in leading highly effective teams and experience in the startup ecosystem. You will be actively contributing to the strategy and operations of the AWS Startup Segment. We see you being a hands-on account team manager who can drive a sense of urgency in recruiting and team development. You will facilitate customer interaction and provide help in delivering results with current customers. You will collaborate across multiple functions as the role will operate as part of the broader UK Startup Team which consists of Startup Account Management, Business Development, Solution Architecture, Partner and Marketing.
You should be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is motivated by supporting early stage startup organisations to rapidly develop the capability to disrupt existing markets and to create net new ones. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love to execute against ambitious goals and have a passion for technology.
· Help ensure customer satisfaction
· Hire and develop a highly effective team of territory account managers ensuring operational excellence, including pipeline management, forecast accuracy and account/territory strategy support
· Support early stage startup accounts to adopt AWS in a scalable approach
· Help develop and execute a comprehensive plan for the Startup Segment
· Actively coach your team to articulate the compelling value propositions for startups around AWS and Amazon
· Facilitate long-term relationships with key accounts on C-Level
· Help scale the business by working with internal and external stakeholders
· Supporting the Startup Segment Leader in leadership meetings and management reporting
· Present AWS at startup conferences & marketing events
· Act as a role model, embracing the Amazon Culture
· · A track record in managing a high performing technology account management team
· A deep knowledge and understanding of the startup ecosystem
· Experience driving results in complex, competitive customer engagements
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Track record of strong business judgement
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· BA/BS degree
· MBA/MA/MS degree
· Previous Cloud expertise at a technology company
· Technical background
· Worked at/with tech startups in the past
· Track record of successfully building a business