9 days ago
Audit Manager – Retail & SCCB Business Oversight - London
Audit Manager – Retail & SCCB Business Oversight - London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our Retail & SCCB Business Oversight Team.
The Retail and SCCB Business Oversight Team is a specialist unit within Internal Audit, charged with dynamically monitoring the risk environment within the wider bank. This role reports into the Senior Audit Manager within the team, but will offer the prospect to work directly with the Head of Audit and other senior stakeholders on a number of tasks.
This position is unique as whilst it is titled Audit Manager, it is not a traditional Audit role and it will give the successful candidate an unparalleled opportunity to learn and gain exposures to multiple business functions and transformation programmes across various risk disciplines. Moreover the role also includes exposure to senior stakeholders and the opportunity to hone both technical and soft skills. As a department, Internal Audit is focused on supporting its people with professional development and career progression.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Audit Manager in the Business Oversight Team your main responsibilities will be
* Leading and participating in oversight activities, such as horizon scanning and product reviews, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements
* Securing information and insight from various internal and external sources to inform understanding of the risk environment
* Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required
* Leveraging data to identify emerging themes and trends and provide quantitative evidence where appropriate
* Proactively taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including the production of required management information (MI) for senior management
Minimum skills and experience required
* Ability to complete oversight activities, including reporting, analysis and data management, whilst meeting tight deadlines and maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
* A good understanding of both how a bank works and multidisciplinary risk management, second line risk management experience has proved valuable previously
* Communicate both verbally and in writing, complex and/or difficult messages effectively to different audiences, tailoring the approach
* Ability to influence stakeholders demonstrating personal resilience in challenging circumstances to achieve positive outcomes (simple, personal, fair)
* Learn from others, proactively sharing knowledge, seeking out learning opportunities, providing and seeking constructive feedback
Salary is £50k - £55k
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.