5 months ago
Overall role as Audit Manager (AFSL)
* To build audit function providing a strong third line of defence within the business
* To develop an overall audit strategy to monitor risk and control framework across the business
* To independently evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and risk management processes across the first and second lines of defence within the business
* To present reports to the Board and senior management with opinion on overall control environment and whether the firms framework for risk appetite is being adhered to across the business
* To challenge senior management to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls
* Foster strong working relationships with other managers and make a valuable contribution to the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Audit Manager
* Make sure that our customers are treated fairly.
* To manage budgets and to forecast and plan for growth.
* To ensure the development and monitoring of key performance indicators. Maintaining clear controls on performance and costs.
* To drive performance and positive change in all areas you have responsibility for including work partners.
* Ensure that continuing professional development is undertaken and appropriately recorded.
* To ensure the appropriate systems and controls operate in the areas under your direct control.
* Produce a risk based annual audit plan.
* Develop and maintain a risk based audit plan and ensure the department works within its framework and delivers timely audits.
* Provide ongoing assurance to the Group Audit Committee about the effectiveness of the audit programme and the internal control framework.
* Update the relevant Boards and Committees with the findings from the recently completed audit reports.
* Act in accordance with the Group’s Policies.
* Act in accordance and within the spirit of regulatory conduct rules.
* Ensuring department works to highest professional standards
* Ensuring department encompasses emerging best practice
* Ensuing department is close to the business and aware of business developments, significant process changes and emerging risks.
* Ensuring the work of the department is fully independent.
* Ensuring a close working relationship with Group internal audit and external audit
Required Skills & Experience
* Professional qualification (ACA, CIA, ACCA, MBA, CMIIA or equivalent or formally qualified auditor)
* Technical expertise and knowledge of internal audit practice, governance, risk management and internal control ideally within financial services
* Strong communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships with key stakeholder and senior management
* Financial Audit Experience
About Admiral Financial Services
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Luke Tooze. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop him an or give her a call on the Recruitment line.