5 months ago
• Audit Manager in our head office in Swindon, London or Northampton.
• £50,840- £73,436 a year on a permanent contract
• Salary dependent on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 24/04/2019
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, customer focused, dynamic environment and provide an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world. We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our Internal Audit team as an Manager?
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying risks, testing controls and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels. We are particularly looking for someone with digital retail banking or business banking experience, preferably gained through working in an internal audit or risk function.
This role can be located in Swindon, London or Northampton but requires regular travel to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
Who we're looking for
We’re interested in hearing from you if you:
* Can demonstrate a practical understanding of risks and controls in a digital retail banking or business banking environment
* Work effectively with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology
* Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work
* Have an analytical mind that will enable you to understand information about our business
* Are confident in influencing others at various levels and in different areas of our business
* Have experience developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business
* Can demonstrate how you have coached and developed others, as you will be doing this with audit colleagues to improve overall team performance
* Have, or are on your way to, completing a relevant professional or industry-specific qualification.
Whilst not essential, it would be nice if you had worked in an internal or external audit capacity previously.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working as part of a team to deliver audits to a high standard and coaching audit colleagues through these processes. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken. You’ll use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders in the business.
Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a relatively small community of about 85 staff, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
Whilst this role can be based in Swindon, London or Northampton, you will need to travel regularly to our Head Office in Swindon as this is where the majority of the audit team and business functions are located. To help with your work/life balance, we embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of professional excellence and insightful assurance driving positive change.