6 months ago
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Associate Sales Planner to join the Medical Communications team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
The Sales Planning Team is responsible for the development of proposals and presentations in response to RFPs and proactively in the market. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for all pre-sale activity including: media kits, presentations, print and digital media plans. The Associate Sales Planner will provide guidance on media plans to provide the best products mixes that meet client objectives and maximize revenue.
* Partner with the sales team to understand client goals and objectives to brainstorm strategic solutions
* Own the RFP process for our medical advertisers by creating strategic proposals in response to advertiser requests
* Uncover and address client needs while highlighting the value and capabilities of Haymarket products
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of all advertising products, inventory, and pricing
* Assist in development of media kits and update on a monthly/quarterly basis
* Drive the pricing and negotiation strategy at opportunity level
* Apply syndicated and proprietary data/research to support Haymarket’s value proposition in client-facing recommendations
* Track RFPs to closed/sold opportunities
* Develop general presentation across Haymarket Medical Brands
* Provide Sales & Account Strategists with Toolkits to hold key offerings across our digital and print portfolios
* Packaging of ad sales products and promotions- provide pricing model and rate cards for products
* Research and present competitive intelligence to the Sales Organization
Skills and Requirements:
* 1-2 years of industry experience or related work
* Strong communication skills and a logical thinker
* Superior attention to detail and organization
* Advanced Excel and Power Point Skills
* Knowledgeable of the latest digital advertising trends and online media
* Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
Apply for this job