3 months ago
Associate Relationship Director – London
Associate Relationship Director – London
Build important relationships with customers, alongside incredible colleagues
We have an exciting opportunity for a Relationship Director at Associate level to join our Professional & Financial Services (PFS) Team within our Corporate Bank based in London.
This is a unique role which will be important to driving forwards our Corporate Banks NBFI strategy. The successful applicant will be heavily involved in defining and delivering our NBFI strategy, new business origination, transaction structuring and delivering complex transactions through the end to end credit process
You will work collaboratively with Relationship Directors, Structured Finance and other product areas to deliver mandate winning solutions. You will also work as part of the wider PFS team helping deliver our other strategic ambitions.
You will have the opportunity to spend time with structured finance colleagues, our wholesale asset finance team and securitisation team to understand the breadth of our sector proposition.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Associate Director your main responsibilities will be
* Helping define our wider banking proposition to the various NBFI sub sectors through getting a good understanding of the complementary products & services the Santander group offers
* Helping define and deliver our Corporate Banks NBFI strategy in conjunction with the Sector Head. This will require extensive engagement and collaboration across the Bank to achieve this to include senior executives
* Using your existing network and through proactive market engagement you will originate predominantly new debt/transaction led relationships in conjunction with the Relationship team and Structured Finance structure transactions and take them through the end to end credit process
* Supporting ultimate credit fulfilment including facility documentation and drawdown
* Supporting the wider strategic ambitions of the PFS team as required/appropriate
* Meeting expectations for profit, credit quality, new customers, customer satisfaction, and retention
Minimum skills and experience required
* Experience in a Corporate Banking environment in a similar role in the NBFI Sector
* Experience of structuring NBFI transactions, taking them through the end to end credit process through to drawdown
* Ideally with strong financial modelling skills to include stress testing and run off analysis for non-bank finance companies
* An ability to understand and dissect complex financial information
* A good understanding of the drivers behind capital allocation and returns
* Strong collaboration skills with a proven ability to build excellent internal and external relationships and experience of managing multiple stakeholders and managing upwards
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.