9 months ago
Associate Partner Manager
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories - and this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Amazon is looking for bright and ambitious individuals to build their career within its Merchant Services team. You will join us as an Associate Partner Manager, responsible for delivering new business growth and maximizing revenue generation across Amazon's products for third party selling partners.
What is Amazon Merchant Services?
Amazon Merchant Services covers all third party merchants’ activity through Amazon.co.uk and the specific services we offer to help develop and grow these sellers. The portfolio of services is as follows:
· Selling on Amazon, a fast-growing business where other e-commerce retailers sell their products on Amazon.
· Fulfilment by Amazon, an advanced fulfilment solution where Amazon directly packs and ships products on behalf of other companies worldwide
· Checkout by Amazon, a complete online payment service for e-commerce websites
· Amazon Webstore, a powerful, secure and highly-scalable multichannel e-commerce platform
· Product Ads, an advertising program designed to provide Amazon customers seamless access to products available on external websites
·Amazon Business, a fully optimized B2B solution to allow sellers to sell to other businesses including a VAT Calculation Service and business prices/quantity discounts
What is the role?
Working within one of the fastest growing areas of Amazon you will have the opportunity to work with important selling partners across a variety of different categories, helping to grow their business with Amazon. To do this you will:
· Prospect, call and qualify important selling partners that can bring their competitive range of products, pricing and product availability to the Amazon marketplace
· Work with selling partners as an account manager – helping them to launch and grow their business on Amazon by ensuring they understand our products, services, systems and tools
· Deliver and report on a set of business development targets for your portfolio of 3rd party selling partners
· Use the feedback from the selling partners you manage to identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems and tools for all of our 3rd party merchants
· Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams and technical support teams both in the UK and internationally.
Operating in a fast-moving and challenging environment, Amazon’s high performance bar requires that you are self-motivated and target driven, skilled in phone based sales, can work autonomously and take full control and responsibility for achieving the quarterly sales target. Exposure to senior leaders happens from day one and over time you are expected to support the development of the merchant services experience though helping with projects, influencing product teams or launching your own solution.
· High standard of education or compensating work experience
· Strong Direct Sales skills and a proven track record of performance
· Highly organised and results oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role or cold calling would be advantageous
· Experience in e-commerce
· Experience in B2B sales, account management, product management or management consulting