13 days ago
Associate Director, Growth Capital - Bristol
Associate Director, Growth Capital - Bristol
South West England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, Growth Capital to join our team in Bristol.
The Growth Capital team sits within Santander’s Structured Finance business and focuses on delivering complex, cash flow driven debt solutions to our SME clients and prospect businesses. It is a key pillar of CCB’s focus on supporting high growth businesses.
The Structured Finance Group’s focus is primarily debt-led, delivering bespoke funding solutions, mainly for complex and event driven opportunities, across both new and existing SCCB clients.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Associate Director, Growth Capital your main responsibilities will be
* Proactively helping the team to develop new and existing client business including assisting with: risk analysis; preparation of credit committee submissions /presentations working closely with the Risk team and presenting credit submissions to committees. This will involve co-ordinating, supporting and working with the whole deal team
* Assisting in structuring complex funding solutions including detailed financial modelling, instructing & reviewing due diligence reports, modelling & negotiating financial covenants
* Being involved in the managing, instructing and negotiating of legal documentation with reference to internal / external lawyers and demonstrating an understanding of Loan Market Association standard documentation
* Post-completion, ensuring effective portfolio management / coverage handovers of new clients and continue to assist with existing relationships (where appropriate) to help ensure the best possible client experience and credit quality
* Proactively taking personal responsibility for “doing the right thing” and assisting the SF Directors and the business as a whole to ensure compliance with the relevant Operational and Conduct Risk policies & general best practice (e.g. Information Barriers, Conflict Management, Mandatory Training, data integrity, Gifts & Hospitality etc.)
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Good credit skills and a working knowledge of related risk and other financial products available to the corporate market.
* Financial modelling capability or demonstrable transferable skills to quickly obtain this competency (and propensity to learn).
* Accountancy qualifications or similar PQ’s are preferred, but not essential.
* Knowledge and understanding of Santander’s internal and external policies and products and the financial services market in which it operates.
* Understands the wider organisational goals, objectives and values.
* Relevant experience in a Corporate Banking or Corporate Finance environment. Accountancy qualifications or similar PQ’s are preferred, but not essential.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.